Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate

I am 30 years old. I was diagnosed with chronic endomitritis

I am 30 years old. I was diagnosed with chronic endomitritis after a biopsy. My gyno recommended one after my pelvic ultrasound showed a 23mm thickness of my lining (May 22). I took antibiotics DOXY for 14 days (finished them 2 weeks ago. When do I need to go for a pelvic ultrasound again to check if the thickness of my lining has decreased?? When do I have to have a biopsy again to check if the infection has cleared?? and could have they missed PID??
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Owen :

Hello, I am Dr Owen, I am a Board Certified Ob/Gyn Medical Doctor and I want to help you.

Dr. Owen :

Hello

Dr. Owen :

hi

Dr. Owen :

I would recheck this with actually with an Endometrial biopsy

Customer:

Hi Dr. Owen

Dr. Owen :

not really an ultrasound

Dr. Owen :

So I would re-check the endometrial biopsy anytime after you have finished the doxycycline.

Dr. Owen :

As for PID - well if you had a low grade PID - the Doxycycline would treat this

Dr. Owen :

As for the thickness of the ultrasound - if you have irregular bleeding - then I would repeat the ultrasound, otherwise your really do not need another ultrasound

Dr. Owen :

I hope this helps

Customer:

my doctor suggested to wait a month after the antibiotics to go for the biopsy. Can I get it sooner??

Dr. Owen :

You can get it sooner

Dr. Owen :

what your doctor said about a month is really subjective - but honestly anytime after you have completed the antibiotics is useful

Dr. Owen :

I hope I have helped

Dr. Owen :

If you have more questions, please ask

Dr. Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT

Dr. Owen :

thank you

Dr. Owen :

Dr owen

Customer:

He said that I need that time to heal. After 2 weeks of finishing the antibiotics I still have a discharge and my pelvic is swollen.

Dr. Owen :

okay - but a biopsy can be done at any time afterwards -

Dr. Owen :

if your doctor wants to wait, that is okay

Dr. Owen :

there really is no rush to get it done

Dr. Owen :

Hi

Dr. Owen :

Are you there?

Customer:

I want a clean bill because I want to start a family asap

Dr. Owen :

okay

Dr. Owen :

then you can actually just get the biopsy at anytime

Dr. Owen :

Also treatment with doxycycline is really 100% to treat with endometritis - so it should be a clean bill of health

Customer:

what is my next step if the biopsy comes back the same???

Dr. Owen :

Well then next step would be a Hysteroscopy to LOOK with a camera inside the uterus

Dr. Owen :

and then possibly IV antibiotic called Cefotetan Plus another course of doxycycline

Dr. Owen :

but when you treat endometritis - honestly doxy is all you need

Customer:

I was diagnosed with chronic endomitritis. Could they have missed PID????

Dr. Owen :

As I said above - no

Dr. Owen :

PID is diagnosed by an Exam, and having an elevated white blood cell count and fever and severe pain

Customer:

what kind of exam???

Dr. Owen :

Pelvic exam - a simple pelvic exam - nothing special

Dr. Owen :

The CRITERIA for PID is this:

Dr. Owen :

SEVERE PAIN

Dr. Owen :

Discharge from the cervix

Dr. Owen :

FEVERS

Customer:

I have had severe pain on my right side for the last 8 months. They did a CAT because at the ER thought it was appendicitis

Dr. Owen :

Elevated White blood cell count

Customer:

discharge too and pain during intercourse

Dr. Owen :

Well Then tell your ob/gyn you want this examined (I can't examine over the internet)

Dr. Owen :

So if you have PID - and your doctor did NOT look for it, then you should get a course of IV antibiotic such as the Cefotetan

Customer:

I will let him know. I did not mention this symptoms to my GYNO

Dr. Owen :

you need to mention symptoms to your doctor - honestly we as doctors do not know unless you tell us

Dr. Owen :

I wish you well

Dr. Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT

Dr. Owen :

thank you

Dr. Owen :

Dr owen

Dr. Owen :

We appreciate Positive feedback for helping you

Dr. Owen :

I am going to sign off - have a good night

Dr. Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT for helping you

Dr. Owen :

thank you

Dr. Owen :

Dr owen

Customer:

Ok thank you

Dr. Owen :

you are welcome

Dr. Owen :

you should be able to see the Excellent button near the smile face

Dr. Owen :

I was staying up to help you

Dr. Owen :

thank you

Dr. Owen :

Hello

Dr. Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT

Dr. Owen :

we do not get any credit for helping you unless you give us a positive rating

Dr. Owen :

We work hard to help you

Dr. Owen :

Can you see the EXCELLENT button

Dr. Owen :

Do you feel I gave you EXCELLENT service

Dr. Owen :

Hello - please click on EXCELLENT for helping you

Dr. Owen :

Are you there?

Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience: Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate