Monika Hearne, M.D.
Monika Hearne, M.D., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  With experience and compassion, I treat my patients like family.
26166488

Hot flashes after taking clomid

Customer Question

Hot flashes after taking clomid
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Monika Hearne, M.D. replied 1 year ago.

Monika Hearne, M.D. :

Hello, I would be happy to assist you.

Monika Hearne, M.D. :

This is a common side effect.

Monika Hearne, M.D. :

How many days have you been taking it?

Customer: Took the last 50 mg tab yesterday on day 9
Monika Hearne, M.D. :

Ok.

Monika Hearne, M.D. :

You'll notice the hot flashes will resolve within a few more days.

Customer: When do i have sex. And when can i take a pregnancy test
Monika Hearne, M.D. :

Was your husband's semen analysis normal?

Customer: Yes it was normal
Monika Hearne, M.D. :

You can start today and have intercourse every other day.

Customer: And pregnancy trst
Monika Hearne, M.D. :

You can take a pregnancy test as early as day 25, but I would recommend waiting until 28. Is your doctor planning to check your progesterone on day 21 or so?

Customer: He didnt say anything about checking anything. Last month he check a 21day progesterone and it was low si he was going to recheck it this month but instead he gave me clomid. Whats the significance of a 21 day progesterone check
Customer: I didnt even know he was going to rx clomid. I called hus nurse when i got my period expecting labs but instead was told he was exibg clomid
Monika Hearne, M.D. :

He should check it each month while taking Clomid to see if you are ovulating. If you do not ovulate on one dose, he will need to increase it the following month. I recommend you call to ask this be performed around day 21.

Customer: If my period started tge evening of the 27th when would day 21 be
Monika Hearne, M.D. :

The 27th is day one. So, look at a calendar and count to 21 days.

Customer: They told me the 27th didnt count as day one that the 28th did
Monika Hearne, M.D. :

The 27th is day one. Check any source online or period tracking app for phones.

Customer: Dr owen on here told to me count the 28th as day 1 since i started my period at night on the 27th. If 27th was day 1 then i took the clomid on the wrong days
Monika Hearne, M.D. :

The day you see blood is day one.

Monika Hearne, M.D. :

I recommend you call your doctor to ask another progesterone be performed on day 21. Do you have any additional questions?

Customer: If i took the clomid on the wrong days is it not going to help
Monika Hearne, M.D. :

It will still help. Some doctors start on cycle day 3, others on day 5. It doesn't matter.

Monika Hearne, M.D. :

Well, if you did not ovulate with starting on day 5, moving you to earlier would help. But other than that, it doesn't matter.

Monika Hearne, M.D. :

I wish you the best. If you have no further questions, please rate my answer. Thank you.

Experience: With experience and compassion, I treat my patients like family.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr said he will check progesterone on the 15 or 16th. Does that seem right
If your LMP was 6/27, day 21 is the 17th. I've heard of it being checked later, up to day 25, but I haven't heard of it being checked earlier. Double check he is using the correct LMP.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Last question. Can intake atenolol during pregnancy
In order for me to provide you with a thorough complete answer, you should open a new question. You may request me to answer if you'd like. Take care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Opened a new page
Ok. Got it