Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)

The first day of my LMP was June 15. I had a normal period.

The first day of my LMP was June 15. I had a normal period. Then about 4 days ago, I started spotting. I'm still spotting now. Its very light pink in color, and has not gotten any heavier. I don't even need to wear a pad as the spotting is so light. I've heard of ovulation spotting, but that wouldn't last for 4 days, right? What coul cause this?

Welcome and thank you for your question. I am Dr.Mazumdar and I hope I'm able to help you with your medical problem today.

Ovulation spotting can occur for 4-5 days - the spotting is generally very light and does not get heavy like a normal period. It clears up latest by 7 days.

The spotting occurs when the level of estrogen dips in the middles of teh cycle and there is some amount of breakthrough bleeding.

Please wait for another 3 days - you should see the bleeding clearing up. If it does not, please see a doctor.

I hope this helps.