Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)

Hello. I treated a yeast infection with Monistat 1 two days

Hello. I treated a yeast infection with Monistat 1 two days ago. I noticed some blood when I wipe. I am on Birth Control (Zovia) and am only halfway through a pack of the pill. Please help!

Welcome and thank you for your question. I am Dr.Mazumdar and I hope I'm able to help you with your medical problem today.

The blood is very likely to be from the inflamed vaginal walls. An yeast infection can cause the vaginal walls to become inflamed which can bleed easily, especially if you have sex or if you rub hard.

Please continue with the Zovia. If the bleeding continues for more than 1 week, you will need to take a medicine called tranexamic Acid - this is a non-hormonal pill which will stop the spotting.

I hope this helps.