Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate
18703594

I have smelly discharge but got tested 4 days after unprotected

I have smelly discharge but got tested 4 days after unprotected sex and it was negative. The discharge is not fishy but smells a bit like urine. I have a slight itch but not all the time and the discharge is white?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Owen :

Hello, I am Dr Owen, I am a Board Certified Ob/Gyn Medical Doctor and I want to help you.

Dr. Owen :

Hello

Dr. Owen :

Wel I see you have looked up BV = bacterial vaginosis but more than likely this is due to BV - as this can come and go and can worsen with sex since semen increases the pH of the vagina and hence this causes an overgrowth of your Normal vaginal bacteria that we call (flora) and hence BV...

Dr. Owen :

Now to help this, a daily Probiotic can be used to treat this - such as any Probiotic that contains Lactobaccillis acidophilus

Dr. Owen :

One brand name is XXXXX XXXXX

Dr. Owen :

Now when the pH decreases - which can happen too - then this changes over to a Yeast infection - and this can Flip Flop back and forth and hence it sounds like you might have a yeast infection currently - so then a medication such as CAnestan (also known as clotrimazole will help.

Dr. Owen :

So vaginal discharges come and go and change.

Dr. Owen :

hi

Customer:

I got tested for bv at the same time as clymidha and they both came negative

Dr. Owen :

Did you see what I wrote above - as the pH changes - you might not get a positive BV test, or even a yeast infection test.

Customer:

I am really worried this is an std as it as 4days after the unprotected sex could it be possible to still have it had swabs taken to see yes iseen this

Dr. Owen :

Because the closer you are to having had sex - then the BV is stronger - and essentially this can go away on its own - because BV is not a True infection - hence once your own body gets this under control - you might still have symptoms, but no evidence on the test.

Dr. Owen :

This is not a STD unless you really think the guy you were with has a STD

Dr. Owen :

And, the discharge honestly does not sound like a STD

Customer:

this is what I thought but think I am being paraniod! I have the canesten cream but will go to the doctors and ask for pesarry? I also have the cream for bv as have had this problem in the past

Dr. Owen :

WEll use the Canestan

Dr. Owen :

Also use the PROBIOTIC - look for a product that contains Lactobaccillus acidophilus - this will help the pH balance in your vagina

Dr. Owen :

I guess you left

Dr. Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT for helping you

Dr. Owen :

Thank you

Dr. Owen :

I wish you well

Customer:

Hello

Dr. Owen :

so use the Canestan and the Probiotic -

Dr. Owen :

Use the probiotic daily - and not just for a week - but daily - especially if you are going to be sexually active

Customer:

Imhere where will got the probiotic?

Customer:

I get*

Dr. Owen :

the probiotic will help you to keep a perfect pH balance in the vagina

Customer:

The discharge is only in the morning aswell

Dr. Owen :

you get the probiotic at ANY pharmacy, drug store, or any place that sells medications

Dr. Owen :

Hello

Dr. Owen :

Please stay in chat

Customer:

Thank you for ur help

Dr. Owen :

you are very welcome

Dr. Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT

Dr. Owen :

this is the only way we get credit for helping you

Dr. Owen :

Thank you

Dr. Owen :

Dr Owen

Customer:

Are u a real doctor yes?

Dr. Owen :

yes

Dr. Owen :

I am a REAL ob/gyn in the US

Customer:

Ok. thank you so much

Dr. Owen :

you are welcome

Customer:

Still going to the doctors to get the right meds

Dr. Owen :

please click on EXCELLENT before you leave

Dr. Owen :

and yes go to the doctors

Dr. Owen :

thank you

Dr. Owen :

We appreciate positive ratings

Dr. Owen :

it is fair for the time I have given you

Dr. Owen :

Did I do an Excellent job helping you

Customer:

I will. yes!

Dr. Owen :

:-)

Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience: Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate