Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)

I had a tubal reversal 2 months ago. Today my infertility

I had a tubal reversal 2 months ago. Today my infertility wrote me a prescription for clomiphene 50 mg to take twice a day starting the first day of my next cycle. On what day should I start trying to conceive? I had an HSG already and determined that my tubes are open but my cycle has been starting a week earlier every month. Was clomiphene a good choice to trying to conceive quicker?

Welcome and thank you for your question. I am Dr.Mazumdar and I hope I'm able to help you with your medical problem today.

Clomiphene is a good choice to help you conceive faster. It will help you ovulate and since your tubes are patent, conception will be quicker.

You should start to try to conceive from the day 8 of your menstrual cycle. Please have sexual intercourse Day 8, 12, 14, 16 and 18 - this is your fertile period.

I hope this helps.