Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate
18703594

Eight years ago, my first pregnancy was with a Turners fetus.

Eight years ago, my first pregnancy was with a Turner's fetus. It was confirmed with CVS and sonogram. There was a lot of fluid around the neck area. At 15 weeks there was no heartbeat so a D/E was done.
I have always wondered, should I have delivered vaginally to see the fetus. Would it have looked deformed?
I had asked the funeral parlor to get the remains for cremation which they did but said that the remains didn't cremate. Was it just a lot of liquid tissue after the D/E and that was why it didn't cremate well?
Appreciate your reply so I can get some closure.

Dr. Owen :

Hello, I am Dr Owen, I am a Board Certified Ob/Gyn Medical Doctor and I want to help you.

Dr. Owen :

Hello

Dr. Owen :

Hi - actually after a D&C/ D&E there will be nothing but liquidified tissue - so there would be Nothing recognizable of a baby

Dr. Owen :

so there really is nothing you needed to see

Dr. Owen :

I am sorry you had to go through that - but you were better off not seeing the bloody tissue that they did remove.

Dr. Owen :

Hi

Dr. Owen :

so honestly you really did not need to go through the vaginal delivery - it would have been too difficult for this to occur

Customer:

Thank you for the information, that is what I thought.

Customer:

Would delivering vaginally have been an option to see the fetus? Would it have looked deformed?

Dr. Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT for helping you

Dr. Owen :

You are welcome

Dr. Owen :

Thank you

Dr. Owen :

If you delivered vaginally - you might would have had a decapitation of the head with a turners so I would not have recommended a vaginal - you did the right thing with a D&E

Dr. Owen :

I wish you well

Dr. Owen :

Please click on EXCELLENT

Dr. Owen :

Thank you

Dr. Owen :

Dr owen

Customer:

Thank you.