Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.

As you know I am on LoFe 24. I finished my placebos on Sunday

As you know I am on LoFe 24. I finished my placebos on Sunday and started my active pill on Monday. I am now having a brownish like discharge from Monday and it is still here today. Is this spotting? Could it be an infection?

Dr. C. :

Hi and welcome to the site. My name isXXXXX hope I'm able to provide some helpful medical information for you today.

Dr. C. :

On low dose BCPs, the bleeding pattern can shift slightly sometimes. This is usually not anything worrisome. Brownish color is just old blood that was left behind and didn't get shed during the normal withdrawal bleed time. For now it's perfectly safe to keep an eye on it. First check for a retained tampon. But if that's not the case, watch it as long as there isn't any odor, burning, irritation, heavy bleeding or anything else concerning. As long as it's just dark spotting and you otherwise feel well, it's fine to watch for one cycle. Doing a home urine pregnancy test would be a good precaution to take too although risk of pregnancy is quite low.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The last time I had sex was May 24th, when can I take the home pregnancy test?

A home urine pregnancy test turns positive at 10-14 days after sex especially if first urine of the morning is used. You're 20 days past so a test would be positive no mater time of day.