Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate
18703594

Does fertibella work for conceiving!

Does fertibella work for conceiving!
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Dr Owen, I am a Board Certified Ob/Gyn Medical Doctor and I want to help you.
Hello
Let me ask....a few questions....

Why are you considering this?

How long have you been TTC?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because I can't seem to conceive. It's been a year now
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 1 year ago.
I see, let's try to see what is happening....

1. What tests have you had done?

2. Do you have a regular period?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I have a regular cycle.. Average 24.5 days.. I come on every 24,25,26 days..., & I've had a progesterone test dne. It was high.. I just haven't been able to conceive... That's why I was looking into fertibella
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry for all the questions, but before I can say if Fertibella would be helpful it would be good to know what is happening first because there are many reasons why women can not conceive.

1 . As per the progesterone test - who did this test - was this an ob/gyn, or some other type of doctor?

2. What other tests have you had done?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My Obgyn in Memphis tn. Her name is XXXXX XXXXX & the level was high and good she say. I didn't have thyroids neither. Those were basically the only tests she had done . The infertility diagnosis will just be high
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 1 year ago.
Is your doctor Candace Hinote?
Is she a brand new ob/gyn?

Also- I'm looking over the website for this medication - so I am verifying each of the so called experts on that site - so I am doing some behind the scenes work for you.....
So, give me a little time here?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes that's her... In Germantown tn & I've looked it up as well. A few saying it works and a few saying it Doesn't
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted to be sure - your doctor is new - or she has not yet passed her ob/gyn board certification (I'm not sure which - but she did train as an ob/gyn).

Can you tell me why you have not had other tests such as checking your fallopian tubes?

and what do you mean by what you said about your thyroid?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I haven't because the treatments would be very expensive.. & I don't have thyroids. They say that could mess a person up from conceiving too
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 1 year ago.
As for your thyroid problem - what medication are you taking for your thyroid if any?

What is your current TSH thyroid level?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have thyroid problems.. & I forgot , but all I know is they were ok
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 1 year ago.
oh - good

Have you ever had a STD such as gonorrhea or Chlamydia?

What is your height and weight?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No and 120 5'7
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Well your height and weight are PERFECT.

But given you have had a hard time getting pregnant - I would do a few things to check because honestly you would be throwing money away if something is found that can be corrected.

Plus, the Fertibella - I researched a lot about this - and I found that all this product is - it is a derivative of an anti-anxiety medication - and hence so for the most part you would be wasting your money if you bought this product - and the doctors on the site and the nurses on the site are NOT real people - I researched each and everyone of them over the past few hours for you and I could not find any information for any of them.

So, what I suggest is the following.

I would suggest that you get an Ultrasound to check for fibroids / polyps
I would also suggest getting your fallopian tubes checked with a HSG - Hysterosalpingogram.
In addition - get a few other blood tests such as testosterone, Insulin and DHEA-s
and then a few simple tests such as Protein C, Protein S, Homocysteine, and Factor V(five) Leiden.

These tests can help to see if there is a problem that can be corrected.

As for your partner - have him get a Semen/ sperm analysis - because he might not be producing adequate sperm too.

I hope this helps
Please if you have more questions, please ask
Please click on EXCELLENT (please do not click on poor or bad)
Thank you
Dr Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience: Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes.. I have another one. I did research on fertilaid.. I seem videos from the customers and many good reviews. Would you recommend this product?
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 1 year ago.
I can not say I would 'recommend' the product as I never support products like this - but from the ingredients it would be safe to use.

I hope this helps
Please click on EXCELLENT
Thank you XXXXX
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 1 year ago.
you are welcome
Please click on EXCELLENT for helping you
Thank you XXXXX
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey, I had a pelvic ultrasound done.. I'm
Not currently sexually active, but nothing was wrong. But it said I had multiple follicles on ovaries. Is that a bad thing?
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 1 year ago.
No, not a bad thing - but you might have what is known as PCOS - polycystic ovarian syndrome - and if you are eventually trying to get pregnant - then you might need a medication called metformin to help you to get pregnant, but otherwise those follicles are fine.

I hope this helps
thank you for your question
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I don't have that. I have cycles every month.. This is the report : no adnexal mass.. My endometrial thickness is 0.89 cm.. The uterus measures 6.7 x 10.8 cm in sagittal dimension.. No adnexal mass.. The uterus measures 5.7 x 7.2 CN and is retroverted... Endometrial thickness is 0.89 cm. transverse measurement of the uterus is 7.4 cm.. The right ovary contains multiple follicles and measures 2.3 x 1.7 x 1.9 cm. these hemorrhagic cyst measuring 0.7 cm involving the right ovary . The left ovary measures 1.6 x 2.4 x 1.25 cm and contains multiple follicles...
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 1 year ago.
Well this is a fairly normal report... so this is not concerning.

I wish you well
Thank you
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hey, I've been trying to conceive since may 2013.. My last cycle was August 24...on September 2nd, I had like red blood (not a lot) .that turned into pink as I wiped with tissue, then went away in like 30 minutes, that night around 9:30 , I'm not due for another cycle until around September the 16, now that my cycles have regulated to 24days while on fertilaid.. Do you know what this could possibly be?
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 11 months ago.
IT could possibly be midcycle bleeding - in other words ovulation considering where you are in your cycle - so I would suggest having intercourse to try and get pregnant.

I wish you well
Please click on EXCELLENT
Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Yes.. I'm 13 days into my cycle
Yes that is why I said you are ovulating....
I wish you well

Thank you
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Hi - but what else are you looking for?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Didn't mean to put that .. But I do have another question .. The bleeding that occurred on Monday you say was probably ovulation,. Okay , I had pink spotting again on Friday around 2:30 p.m. What could that have been?
Well I honestly think that is a sign of ovulation as that is what that usually is, even if you have never had that.

Other possibilities are a polyp, hormonal, or a possible infection...

I hope that helps
Please click on EXCELLENT
Thank you XXXXX
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No I've never had that . Just got it Monday & Friday .
I understand you might never have had this or heard of that - but as an ob/gyn...I've see this all the time...so only time will tell if you got pregnant.

I wish you well
Thank you
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks ! One last question .. With a retroverted uterus , what positions are best to conceive? Will top position decrease chances?
With a Retroverted uterus - honestly it does not matter - but what I do suggest is once you do try to conceive - and your partner ejaculates inside of you - I would suggest staying in bed for two hours so that any ejaculate that will go into the uterus will not 'fall' out.

I wish you well
Please click on EXCELLENT
thank you XXXXX
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)