Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

Heavy blood flow, heart racing, taking motrin (not helping).

Heavy blood flow, heart racing, taking motrin (not helping). Called in sick for 3 days because of cramping and had not gone to a local gynecologist. Did not want to go during the cycle.
I have had the same issue last month, i felt fine then i could not walk or stand due to the pain.
I haven't had sex in over 2-3 years or to a gyno.

Welcome and thank you for your question. I am Dr.Mazumdar and I hope I'm able to help you with your medical problem today.

If your blood flow is heavy enough to soak a pad or tampon in about 2 hours, then you are losing too much blood and need to go to the ER as early as possible.

Cramping and pain together with heavy blood flow could indicate thst you could have a polyp or a fibroid in the uterus.

You need an ultrasound to check your uterus and ovaries. You may also need blood tests for the hormonal levels. Please consult an Obgyn at the earliest.

I hope this helps.