Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)

what is the normal dosage of Clomid that should be taken when

what is the normal dosage of Clomid that should be taken when trying to get pregnant? Also, I had heard that Clomid makes you NOT ovulate, is this true?

Welcome and thank you for your question. I am Dr.Mazumdar and I hope I'm able to help you with your medical problem today.

The normal dosage of Clomid is 50 mg taken daily fro the 3rd or 5th day of the period for 5 days.

Clomid generally does make you ovulate. But clomid is anti-estrogenic drug. Sometimes, if it is taken every month, it may suppress ovulation after 4-6 cycles. It is better to take clomid for 3 cycles, wait for another 2-3 cycles and then take it again, if necessary.

I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How soon after taking it should you have sex?

You should have sex every alternate day from Day8 of your menstrual cycle. That is on Day8, day10, day12, day14 and day 16. This will cover your fertile days.

I hope this helps.