Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

I am a 27 year old female. Two years ago I had a roux-en-y

I am a 27 year old female. Two years ago I had a roux-en-y hepaticjujonostomy due to a gallbladder surgery mess up. Since then I have had multiple biliary drains, two ercps, and a hernia repair with mesh. I also have had my right ovary removed due to a binine tumor. I am not planning to have children right now but I would like to have them. Given the circumstances would it be safe for me to carry a baby

Welcome and thank you for your question. I am Dr.Mazumdar and I hope I'm able to help you with your medical problem today.

I assume that you had an abdominal hernia repaired with mesh. If this is so, this is the only issue which can cause some amount of problem while carrying a baby. The other issues - roux-en-y hepaticjujonostomy , the biliary drains, ercps as well as the ovariectomy - will not cause any problems.

There is a small chance that the abdominal hernia may recur during the later weeks of pregnancy. This will need to be repaired again after the childbirth. But many women do not have any problems at all and go on to have a pregnancy without the hernia being affected.

I hope this helps.