Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate

i am a 47 year old woman. i sometimes get 2 small pimples on

i am a 47 year old woman. i sometimes get 2 small pimples on my inner thigh...not on my genitals. recently when having oral sex my boyfriend woke up with a big pimple on his lip and he popped it and went away. when we hadoral sex again a few days later he had a few pimples on his top lip. . not as big as the first one. we have had oral sex since then and nothing else has happened. i am so scared its herpes. also i have not hadmy period in 7 months because of pre menapause but recently got it. i read online that herpes can cause vaginal bleeding and it is lasting longer than what it used to.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 11 months ago.

Welcome and thank you for the question.

A herpes infection will not cause a pimple - it cause a blister which bursts to form a small ulcer. Also, it may cause burning and tingling of the area around the blister.

It is unlikely that the pimples which you and your boyfriend got were due to herpes infection.

Herpes does not cause vaginal bleeding either.

The bleeding now which is lasting longer than normal is likely to be due to hormonal imbalance - very common in the perimenopause.

But you do need to get a check up by an Obgyn to confirm that the bleeding is really due to a hormonal imbalance.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
yes sir it does. i have a drs appt. today but was terrified to go. i still am a little. i cant help but onder what caused his pimples. also someone toldme it might be a staph infection. is that possible?
Pimples generally occur when the gland to a sebaceous gland ( there are numerous sebaceous glands all over the skin) gets blocked. The secretions collect inside to form the pimple.

While staph infection can cause blockage of the duct, it is not always so. Since the pimples have not recurred, you have no cause for concern.

But please do go to the doctor - you need a thorough checkup including an ultrasound of the uterus.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
i was just concerned because the pimples on him occurred the morning after we had oral sex. we have had oral sex since then but he hasnt gotten any other pimples. there is just so much information on the internet thst scares me, i dont know whats true and what isnt.
The pimple after the day you had oral sex is likely to be just a coincidence.

It can also be due to a very minor injury to the duct of the gland while having sex. This can get the duct to get blocked up and for a pimple to form.

Please relax - you (and he) have no cause for concern.

Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience: MD (Obst&Gynecology)
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

i did go to the gyno on tues like you suggested even though i was terrified to find out..she looked at me but didnt see any evidence of herpes or anything else. She did do a culture and a blood test to make sure though. i get the results tomorrow. But on wednesday i noticed a small white pimple on my vagina..well not exactly on it but to the side of it. it turned red and hurt a little bit but i thought maybe becausemy underwear was rubbing on it. now im freaking out. of course i coulnt have it have it when i went to the gyno. what can this be? can it be caused by going in a hot tub naked? also i have a few pimples that seem to have small white heads on them on my abdobmin..and 2 more on my side. im hoping this is just nerves. please help me again. im really scared

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Relist: Other.
i am satisfied with his orginal asnwer. i just have another question relating to the same thing i need to ask
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 11 months ago.
Hello, I am Dr Owen, I am a Board Certified Ob/Gyn Medical Doctor and I want to help you.
Sure - How I may Help you?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

i had a white pimple on my vagina...well not really on it more to the side. it had turned red and feels irrirating. i was thinking because of my underwear rubbing on it. im not sure..could going in a hot tub naked cause this? also i have a few mall pimples with little white heads on them on my abdobmin...and a few on my side. i have been under alot of stress lately and was wondering if that can be caused by it.

Well anything that really irritates this area can cause a bit of a bacteria Staph infection and as a white pimple these are not worrisome at all.
So you might have some Staph bacteria on your body - and that is okay - and hot tubs can breed these bacteria too.

What will help is to keep clean with Anti-bacteria soap such as Dial soap or any equivalent soap and washing in a Shower.
And, you can apply an antibacteria cream/ ointment such as Neosporin or Bacitracin too.

I hope this helps
Please click on EXCELLENT for helping you since I am a different expert and answering a different question
Thank you
Dr Owen
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

i was terrified and went online and read alot about herpes. can this be herpes? are there any other std's besides herpes that can cause pimples? im not sure the difference between a pimple and a blister

This is NOT herpes - herpes has CLEAR fluid - not white fluid
so do NOT worry - this is NOT a STD - this is a bacteria infection - and nothing more - you can relax, and these are usually Self - treated with just antibacteria soap and antibacteria cream/ ointment I suggested.

Please click on EXCELLENT here for helping you - as I am a different Expert who is helping you
thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

i just have 1 more question..when my boyfirend and i had oral sex the next day he woke up with a pimple on his lip...then when we did it again a few days later he had a few more on his top lip...can this be from me? i didnt have the pimple then and when i kissed him i never got any on my lips. if it was herpes wouldnt i get it on my lip too from kissing him?

okay - those are Staph bacteria infections - most people think those are herpes - well they are not.
So, what you might need to clear the Staph bacteria is that both of you might need treatment with an antibiotic called Bactrim, plus showering Daily with antibacteria soap really helps too.

I wish you well
Please click on EXCELLENT for helping you
Thank you
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience: Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate