Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

Hello, Im really desperate right now. I am visiting a gynecologist

Hello, I'm really desperate right now. I am visiting a gynecologist at my college tomorrow as soon as I can make an appointment, but I am not sexually active, and I am still a virgin. Recently, I have been feeling a bit of soreness in my genital area as I thought my period was coming. However, when I looked in a mirror to check, on the left side of my inner lips I saw a depressed, blackish gray mold looking area about half the side of my vagina in the center of my left inner lip. I am absolutely frightened, I don't know what to do, and it matches nothing I have looked up. Please help me ASAP. It will be immensely appreciated.

Welcome and thank you for your question.

Can you upload a photo? You can use a free site like photobucket and then paste the link here.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r691/anitacamry1/IMG_03331_zpse917a7cf.jpg
Anita,

When did you last have unprotected sex?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Never, I am a virgin. I have never had a partner either. (No oral sex, no touching, nothing)
This looks like an a type of ulcer known as Lipschultz ulcers. It is caused by a bacteria known as Doderlein's lactobacillus which is normally present in the vagina. it infects the labia minora and causes a deep ulcer ( such as yours) when the immune resistance is low or due to trauma at that area by fingers etc.

Lipschultz ulcers are typically seen in young virgins.

Treatment is with antibiotics, and anti-inflammatory medicines.

The ulcer will clear up with proper treatment.

I hope this helps.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you, it really means a lot to me that you answered as quickly as possible.
You are welcome.