Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)

I have been with the same sexual partner since last June and

I have been with the same sexual partner since last June and have had recurring bladder infections after intercourse. I'm now resistent to 3 antibiotics as a result of frequent use of these medications. About a month ago I got BV and have also had yeast infections. I'm 46 and have been having night sweats that have become more frequent and wake up soaked all over where it just use to be between my breasts. Yesterday I felt tingling in my lip as today I now have a blister and believe I'm getting a cold sore. I have only ever had one outbreak and this was 8 years ago when I was on fertility drugs and haven't had on since.

Could this be menopause or something worse like HIV?

Welcome and thank you for your question.

Your symptoms are very likely to be due to menopuase.

Menopause can make a woman prone to various infections of the urogenital tract - repeated UTIs and vaginal infections including yeast infections , are common.

Cold sores can occur when a person is under stress. If you are stressing over your repeated UTIs and yeast and BV infeciton, these can then lead to a cold sore.

To confirm that this is due to menopause, please ask your doctor for a blood test for the FSH hormone. You can also get tested for HIV to put your mind at ease.

I hope this helps.