Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)

how do i increase my progestorne level? Did a blood test the

how do i increase my progestorne level? Did a blood test the before my period and the test results says my progestrone level is 1 which mean i didn't ovulate. The dr said not sure if always been like this or just last month as my period came 5 days earlier than it should. I m usually very accurte on a 28 days cycle. I don't want to go on clomid, what should i do? thanks in advance

Welcome and thank you for your question.

The only way progesterone is increased naturally in the body is by ovulation. After ovulation, there is formati on of a structure known as corpus luteum which produces progesterone.

Progesterone can also be supplemented by tablets or vaginal cream.

In your case, the aim should be to check if you are ovulating, since you want to get pregnant. Increasing progesterone alone will not help.

You can use the commercially available ovulation trackers every month. At 35 years, you may not ovulate regularly. If you are not ovulating, i am afraid that you will need to be prescribed Clomid.

I hope this helps.