Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate

Posting for my wife. She has been having a recurring issue

Posting for my wife. She has been having a recurring issue where she notices an unpleasant smell coming from her vagina. She says she notices it often and it never really goes away completely, it just lessens. Personally, I've only noticed a few episodes where it lasts a bit of time and to me, it seems to go away. But her main concern is why it happens and what she can do about it.
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.

Is this smell fishy?

What other products does she use besides what you have told me?
Any medications?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Since she has been following her hygiene routine, it hasn't smelled until after sex. And yes, the smell is fishy.

No medications, but she has been taking a prenatal vitamin, biotin, omega 3, and a probiotic. She was also recently diagnosed with PCOS.

HiWhat she has is BV - bacterial vaginosis - This is essentially an overgrowth of her normal vaginal bacteria that is due to a pH imbalance that occurs after sex...So to help this, she should be on a Daily Probiotic such as RepHresh vaginal gel and or RepHresh PRO B oral pillsBut, I would also give her a 7 day dose of Flagyl antibiotics to decrease the amount of bacteria in her vagina and then continue the RepHresh Probiotic to helpI wish you wellPlease click on EXCELLENTthank you, XXXXX XXXXX
What have you tried so far?