Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)

I have been having a lot of abdominal pain for the last 2 weeks,

I have been having a lot of abdominal pain for the last 2 weeks, have been throwing up blood clots, 24 days late on my period but I bleed lightly sometimes when I pee. I have sharp abdominal pains especially when having sex. I was wondering what this possibly could be and if it is a medical emergency?

Welcome and thank you for your quesiton.

Since you have had a delayed period and are having abdominal pains and bleeding with blood clots, then this oculd be a miscarriage.

If the bleeding is severe enough to soak through a pad or tampon in 2 hours or less, then this is a medical emergency and you need to go to the ER. If not, you can consult your reuglar doctor as early as possible.

Having pain during sex can also occur in an miscarriage.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Well, I know it isn't a miscarriage because I have taken pregnancy tests and also I had a miscarriage about three months ago. It isn't the same pain. The blood is only very light and only when I pee, also it hurts very badly when I pee.

Thank you for the additional informaiton.

It is quite possible for another miscarriage to occur after 3months of a miscarrige. Pregnancy tests can also become negative once the pregnancy becomes non-viable.

But if the bleeding is very light and occur the bleeding and pain occurs when you pee, then this is likely to be due to a severe urinary tract infection causing major inflammaiton of the bladder walls. This will cause bleeding from the walls when with pain you pee.

You need a urine test ,an ultrasound as well as a cystoscopy.

I hope this helps.