Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

I am a week late and two pregnancy tests were negative. I

I am a week late and two pregnancy tests were negative. I also have been experiencing night sweats, hot flashes, really bad acne (I've never had a problem with acne), crazy mood swings, increased facial hair growth, a rash on my neck and inner legs from my groin to mid thigh, and a low grade fever. I am only 33 years old. What might be causing this? My other medical conditions are: ADHD, COPD, Epilepsy, and Fibromyalgia.

Welcome and thank you for your question.

A delayed period can be due to a number of causes. In your case, since you have had hot flashes, night sweats, acne mood swings etc, it is likely to be due to a low estrogen level leading to loss of ovulation or due to a hormonal imbalance.

Please consult your obgyn for an ultrasound and blood tests.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.. It is my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me by clicking on OK Service or above - it is only the way I get credit for helping you. Leaving a Bonus will be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is this type of thing somewhat common? I've also had symptoms of Lupus over the years and I'm not sure if it could cause something like this.

Amanda,

Yes, it is quite common and is usually temporary, clearing up spontaneously. Hormonal imbalance can settle down in about 3 months.

No, these symptoms are not related to Lupus.

I hope this helps.