Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

I have been on Warfarin tablets for 9 months now following

I have been on Warfarin tablets for 9 months now following the insertion of a stent in July last year. I used to go for blood tests every 3 weeks or so and was then informed per SMS what my dosage should be for each day of the week.
However, I have been working overseas for 5 weeks now, and have continued taking my warfarin as per my last blood test 7 weeks ago. I will be overseas for another 3 weeks before returning home and having my blood tested.
Do you think that I should try to have my blood tested in the interim?

Welcome and thank you for your question.

The blood level of warfarin must be tested at least once every 4 weeks. If you had your last blood test 7 weeks ago, it is already a bit late and you need to get the levels tested as early as possible.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.. It is my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me by clicking on OK Service or above - it is only the way I get credit for helping you. Leaving a Bonus will be greatly appreciated.