Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)

I had a protected sexual encounter about 16 months ago. Due

I had a protected sexual encounter about 16 months ago. Due to fear, I was tested 3 times each for chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, and herpes. The last tests came 6 months past encounter. I have never seen anything that would lead me to believe that I had an STD. Today I found a painless pimple on the inside of my clitoris (sp?). I lightly squeezed it and it popped just like a pimple. Should I be concerned?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 1 year ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question.

If your tests came back negative after 6 months, then this is not due to an STD. This is likely to be due to a blocked sebaceous gland. This will cause a painless pimple. A blister or growth due to herpes would have been very painful. A growth due to HPV cannot be popped.

You have no cause for concern.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.. It is my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me by clicking on OK Service or above - it is only the way I get credit for helping you. Leaving a Bonus will be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That is what I was thinking. ALL STD tests were negative (HSV 1 & 2 blood tests, all 3 times), but still deep down I still have this fear that they were wrong. Finding this bump stirred up old emotions.

Like I said when I lightly squeezed the bump, a large amount of "white" released from it.

Just to confirm, I can rule out HSV and HPV? HSV would have been very painful, even without touching correct?

Yes, You can rule out HSV and HPV.

HSV would have been very painful even without touching - you would have been aware of a discomfort or even a tingling around the pimple. It would have been extremely painful to squeeze.

The white which came out was sebum - the secretion of the sebaceous gland.

I hope this helps.

Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience: MD (Obst&Gynecology)