Dr. Pfeiffer
Dr. Pfeiffer, Doctor
Experience:  Ob/Gyn Doctor

I had eggwhite CM with a little brown blood in it today but

I had eggwhite CM with a little brown blood in it today but only when I wipe.. It is a day before my period is suppose to start.. Is this normal?
Hello and welcome to
I will try hard to answer your question well. Please be patient if it takes me a little time to type a good response.
How regular are your periods? Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

they are about 28-30 days..

It's unusual to have egg white CM the day before your period. Since egg white mucous suggests estrogen effect without progesterone, it is suggestive that you didn't ovulate this month. Having some bleeding is also suggestive that you didn't ovulate, since with normal ovulation, you wouldn't usually bleed before your expected period. Time will tell, since if your period doesn't start when expected, that would be further evidence that you didn't ovulate (since ovulation is what brings on a period 2 weeks later). None of this is suggestive of pregnancy. If you don't have a normal period this month, I would say that you didn't ovulate. That's not unusual, often due to stress, but also from other causes. If you're trying to get pregnant, I would see your doctor for evaluation. Otherwise, it will likely take care of itself with time. Best wishes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I know I ovulated because I had a couple positive ovulation tests this month.

Then something doesn't compute. Assuming that you ovulated, you shouldn't be having egg white CM, since progesterone (that is produced after ovulation) prevents egg white mucous. You also shouldn't be spotting before your period starts. Again, time will tell. Ovulation tests aren't always right.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.

Dr. Norman has given you a great answer..

I just want to point out that ovulation predictor kits measure an LH surge.

And...while you do need an LH surge to ovulate, it doesn't necessarily mean you did ovulate. Ovulation can only be confirmed by an elevated progesterone level on cycle day 21.

So...I suspect, as did Dr. Norman, you didn't ovulate this month...and even if you had a positive OPK...that still doesn't mean you actually did ovulate.

Please do rate or accept Dr. Norman's answer.

Dr. Pfeiffer

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I also have been dizzy for the last couple days if this has anything to do with it..When I stand up I get hot and dizzy and feel like I am going to faint then this discharge started today..

It may...

those symptoms are similar to what one would expect in someone who is dehydrated or ill.

Increase your fluid intake and minimize caffeine intake..that will probably take care of it.

Dr. Pfeiffer

Dr. Pfeiffer, Doctor
Experience: Ob/Gyn Doctor