Dr. Pfeiffer
Dr. Pfeiffer, Doctor
Experience:  Ob/Gyn Doctor

Good Day to you, I really enjoy your program, very informative

Good Day to you, I really enjoy your program, very informative and very helpfull. Keep up the good work. I am 55yrs old female on HRT have had aTAH, and is a diabetic. I would desperately like to increase my bust size. my breasts, due to breast feeding 4 kids and age they are sagging and not very attractive. I cant afford cosmetic surgery, and is a size 36 would like to increase to a size 44. Please advise and help me. I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX help and advise. Thank you kindly
kind regards Theresa
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Pfeiffer replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

hello Theresa...

Dr. Pfeiffer :

unfortunately there are various products on the market that suggest they can increase breast size, firmness, etc.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

these products are not evaluated by the FDA, therefore, as long as they say the claims have not been evaluated by the FDA..the company can essentially say anything they want to.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

In this particular case...cosmetic surgery is the best option for true improvement in the unsupported breast tissue.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

outside of that utilizing a more robust supporting bra may provide the best appearance.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

I understand you are looking for a miracle pill, but unfortunately they don't exist and I simply don't want you to spend your money on claims that are literally too good to be true.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

Dr. Pfeiffer

Dr. Pfeiffer :

Theresa..

Dr. Pfeiffer :

I'm simply trying to help.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

Not clear why the 'bad service' rating, but if there is something we can do to rectify that I am certainly willing.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

I'm just giving you my honest medical opinion.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

Dr. Pfeiffer

Customer:

Hi Dr

Dr. Pfeiffer :

hello..

Dr. Pfeiffer :

I'm here

Customer:

I am simply requesting an answer to my question. I have already submitted payment details and yet no response to my answer received. instead I am requested to pay a further R495? without the 1st question being answered. My apologies if smething has gone wrong in the response, but I have not received any feedback on the question

Dr. Pfeiffer :

ok..

Dr. Pfeiffer :

I'm going to paste the previous answer..

Dr. Pfeiffer :

let me know that you can see it.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

hello Theresa...

Dr. Pfeiffer

Customer:

thank you, XXXXX XXXXX for a miracle pill however, thought that there might be enhancers on the market that can be used. any idea the approx cost on surgery?

Dr. Pfeiffer :

I think the basic breast implants start around 3000

Customer:

where can this be done? do u have any referrals that i may pursue pls?

Dr. Pfeiffer :

ok...I had to look it up

Dr. Pfeiffer :

that's the doctor's fee

Dr. Pfeiffer :

there's additional fees for the implants, anesthesia, or/hospital.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

based upon those fees for surgeries I do, I would approximate 6000-8000

Dr. Pfeiffer :

that number will vary by the physician, product and hospital.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

Let me see if I can get a link for you.

Customer:

approximate total cost?

Customer:

I understand that it will vary, which institution does cosmetic surgery?

Customer:

thank you will appreciate it, considering that i am outside of your country

Dr. Pfeiffer :

try doing a little research on that.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

ok...where are you?

Customer:

I appreciate your assistance, my apologies if I sounded impolite! I am in South Africa

Dr. Pfeiffer :

no..not a big deal.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

I just wanted to make sure you knew where I was coming from...because I know you were hoping to hear something else...

Dr. Pfeiffer :

but, we field this question a lot and that was the basis of my answer.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

this looks to contain 14 clinics in South Africa that do augmentation..

Customer:

no not really, i thought with modern technology & medical advancements there may be various other options to enhance it

Dr. Pfeiffer :

I have not evaluated it...but it looks to compare several rather than one simple place.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

well...hormones can help some, but you are already on HRT so I didn't mention it.

Customer:

Oh wonderful, thank you and best wishes for 2013 to you, I will look at the ones available in SA

on the hormone issue, which ones would help without side effects? I had a total abdominal hysterctomy and is on HRT Estrodial and teststerone 6 mnthly implant? it hasnt made any difference

Dr. Pfeiffer :

right...that's the problem..

Dr. Pfeiffer :

anytime we add hormones there is always potential for side effects and even complications of the treatment.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

best for you, given your hysterectomy, is an estradiol patch....or implant.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

that provides the safest delivery of estrogen, yet doesn't increase your risk of breast cancer.

Customer:

not sure what you saying dr, i am on a weekly 100mg Estradot patch and had a teststerone implant in Nov 2012. I normally have both as implants, however, the estrdiol implant have been discontinued in SA. Gynae then prescribed the weekly patch

Dr. Pfeiffer :

no..the patch is the way to go.

Customer:

is that a fair dosage and will this effect my breast size decrease or increase? any supplementary hormones that can be taken?

Customer:

do i have to have the testosterone implant as well?

Dr. Pfeiffer :

well...the problem is, there isn't an approved labeling for hormones to increase breast size.

Customer:

are there any herbal stuff on the market that can enhance that?

Dr. Pfeiffer :

so..as far as dose/effect goes...I can't suggest any.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

testosterone will help with libido and sexual function

Dr. Pfeiffer :

the herbs fall into the same category as the other pills...not proven to provide what you're looking for.

Customer:

thk u, one last issue is that considering the testosterone implant not available any longer, what is available as a supplementary to that?

Dr. Pfeiffer :

I typically use a pill.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

it's also available in an injection and gel

Dr. Pfeiffer :

there is also a 'pretestosterone' pill avaialbe over the counter called DHEA

Customer:

what is the name of the pill or injection would be better?

I assume the injection can only be administered by a medical practitioner?

Thank you very much, it was really very helpful chatting to you!

Take Care

Dr. Pfeiffer :

sure...

Dr. Pfeiffer :

personally I think the cream would be best

Customer:

before I log off - does DHEA come in a particular dosage

Customer:

what is the name of the cream

Dr. Pfeiffer :

the cream is called andro-feme

Customer:

is it available over the counter without drs perscription?

Dr. Pfeiffer :

prescription

Dr. Pfeiffer :

here's a link for dhea

Customer:

thk u so much i really appreciate it

Dr. Pfeiffer :

sure..

Customer:

once again my sincere apologies for being impolite

Dr. Pfeiffer :

please do research though...

Dr. Pfeiffer :

that site isn't as objective as I would like.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

no problems..

Dr. Pfeiffer :

if you would, however, please change the rating to good or excellent that would take care of it.

Customer:

yes I will do that, will i be able to chat to you again?

Dr. Pfeiffer :

sure...

Customer:

I am definitely going to do just that!!

Dr. Pfeiffer :

when you do, just come back and request me.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

happy 2013 to you.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

Dr. Pfeiffer

Customer:

OK yes same to you will be in contact again

Customer:

Take Care Kind rgds

Dr. Pfeiffer :

ok..sounds good

Dr. Pfeiffer, Doctor
Experience: Ob/Gyn Doctor