Dr. Pfeiffer
Dr. Pfeiffer, Doctor
Experience:  Ob/Gyn Doctor
8534737

I have a growing loss of color in the vaginal area. It actually

I have a growing loss of color in the vaginal area. It actually looks white.It began near the rectal area and has now grown to the outer lips. No scales and no itching to speak of. Just tenderness and dryness. have had some pain with inner-course for awhile. I started all the whiteness of color after having hormone shots to increase my libido. I was given twice the amount recommended and had a reaction. This was when I first saw the whiteness developing.

What is the diagnosis and proper treatment for my condition?

Dr. Pfeiffer :

hello

Dr. Pfeiffer :

I'm reviewing your post.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

do you have any other areas on your body that have lost color or turned white?

Dr. Pfeiffer :

are you there?

Customer:

no. I do not have any other areas of my body that have lost color. I am having trouble reading your post. I t is almost completely blocked at the top of my screen.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

ok...

Dr. Pfeiffer :

sorry about that

Dr. Pfeiffer :

are you white or african american?

Customer:

Did you receive my reply?

Dr. Pfeiffer :

no

Customer:

White

Dr. Pfeiffer :

ok

Dr. Pfeiffer :

got it

Dr. Pfeiffer :

thanks

Dr. Pfeiffer :

Some of the most common things that may cause this - lichen sclerosus, vitiligo (that's why I was asking about the other areas of the body), lichen simplex chronicus and vulval candidiasis.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

Some of the less common things that may cause this - dysplasia (abnormal precancerous cells), cancer, lymphedema, tinea cruris (jock itch), psoriasis, furuncle,folliculitis, lichen planus, epidermal inclusion cyst, contact dermatitis.

Customer:

I cannot read what you are saying. It is blocked by the add at the top. any suggestions on how to remove it?

Dr. Pfeiffer :

What I'm going to do is change the format...it will be a Q&A format rather than a chat...maybe that will help.

I have copied and pasted the replies you were not able to read...hopefully you can see them here..

Some of the most common things that may cause this - lichen sclerosus, vitiligo (that's why I was asking about the other areas of the body), lichen simplex chronicus and vulvar candidiasis.

10:20 PM

What really needs to be done to make an accurate diagnosis is a vulvar biopsy to narrow this list and have the appropriate treatment initiated.

Dr. Pfeiffer