Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  Experienced in maternity and women's health

My boyfriend fingered me, and I started bleeding after that.

My boyfriend fingered me, and I started bleeding after that. When I went to the bathroom, about 20 minutes later I was still bleeding, an hour passed by and the bleeding slowly stopped. I should be getting my period in a few days, but if it's my period it shouldn't just be stopping, my periods are usually heavy. I've also noticed like two swollen bubbles, it looks like swollen glands to me, it does not look good. It hurts too touch a little bit. I'm petrified, i don't know what's wrong with me. I've been sexually active for the past 2 years.

Thanks for using Just Answer. I am Dr. SS. I will try my best to help you. When did it occur? how is the pain?
Best regards.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It occurred 20 minutes later, I mean I guess, I saw it about 20 minutes later. The pain isn't severe or anything, it hurts just a little, and it's weird when I walk, it's the bubbles that frighten me, they're like light pinky colored two bubbles.

When did the incident occur? When did you notice the bubbles? How large are the bubbles? Is there any liquid in those? What is the color?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

about an hour ago now. I noticed them when I went to the bathroom which was 20 minutes later.

the bubbles are about the size of a small peanut I guess, and they're like connected, it's more as one bubble but it's divided with a line like two bubbles. The color is like light pinkish.

Sorry for repeated questions. Where precisely do you see the bubbles? Are they in the opening inside labia?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I would say so. I'm just afraid it will burst or something.

Thank you for the input.

The bubbles near the opening of vagina into the vulva can be due to Bartholin's cyst. It can occur if the duct of the gland gets obstructed & secretions get collected inside. Sometimes it can get infected. The bleeding can come from trauma during fingering. Another cause of bubble can be herpes. But it would not appear within 2 hours. I would advise to get an examination by doctor. Meanwhile, you can take sitz bath. You can apply warm moist compress. If the pain is much, analgesics with antiinflammatory actions like motrin or naproxen can be taken if there is no contraindication.You need to take it after meal to avoid gastric irritation.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask and continue conversation by using REPLY button. This will help me to explain further & satisfy you. PLEASE DO NOT RATE MY ANSWER TILL YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE and rate it as EXCELLENT / GOOD SERVICE when you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it wasn't rough, and it was a lot of blood.

can the bubbles burst?

Hello Neva,

Injury can occur from nail without rough handling. Usually the cysts would not burst unless they are very large. Herpes blister can burst.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry to bother you,

Just one more question,

How do you get rid of it? Is it urgent that I see the doctor early in the morning, or can it wait till the afternoon?

You are always welcome to Just Answer. It is better to get it checked in the morning. Till then, please continue the measures, I suggested. If you are satisfied, please leave good or excellent feed back. Warm Regards.