Dr. Pfeiffer
Dr. Pfeiffer, Doctor
Experience:  Ob/Gyn Doctor
8534737

I have a long thin growth like thing that is made of skin.

I have a long thin growth like thing that is made of skin. I can pinch it and it doesn't hurt, but I do have a sensation of pressure. The skin growth is long. I would say 2 inches. It is flesh colored. I have a prolapsed rectum, bladder & uterus if that helps. I have had it for several years (3 years or so).It started out small & has progressively grown to the length it is. It is cosmetically wierd looking. I'm 52 years old & postmenopausal. I don't go to a gyno because of really bad experience

Dr. Pfeiffer :

where exactly is it coming from?

Dr. Pfeiffer :

vagina

Dr. Pfeiffer :

vulva?

Dr. Pfeiffer :

does it seem vascular...does it bleed easily?

Dr. Pfeiffer :

ok...so I haven't heard from you.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

there are a few things that can cause this.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

if this seems to be coming from high up in the vagina it could be a large uterine polyp and even a fibroid on a stalk...these originate from the uterus. and they would be benighn.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

occassionally we see these growths originate from the vagina and vulva and may be cancer.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

I would storngly urge you to see your gynecologist to have this removed and evaluated by a pathologist.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

If you have additional questions please ask…I want you to be satisfied with this service.

If you do not have additional question please take the time to rate my service.

We only receive credit for answering your question with a positive rating.

Thank you.
Dr. Pfeiffer

Customer:

where exactly is it coming from?

12:12 AM

vagina No

12:13 AM

vulva? No

12:13 AM

does it seem vascular...does it bleed easily? No bleeding at all

12:17 AMr

ok...so I haven't heard from you. Sorry, I had gone to bed. I thought that I had give the information initially, but I omitted it. The long skin like growth is right between my opening to my vagina and my anus. When i push on the base, it doesn't appear to attach to my vagina or rectum. As far as going to a gynocologist, I don't have one. I have had some embarrassing and humiliating experienceos with every gynocologist. I am bigger and those little paper sheets don't fit me; I have had nurses/doctor's leave the door to the exam room open and on several occasions people I know from my church or work have seen me laying on the table, legs in stirrups and nothing to cover me but a paper sheet. I am an extremely painfully shy person, with body image issues. How do I get around only having a paper sheet around me? I even bought my own gowns online, and when I've gone in for an appointment, the nurse or medical assistant has always taken that away from me and made me where a paper sheet,so I have dressed and left without exam. I have also been treated very poorly by physians because I am overweight. I have had speculum's inserted in me that were so big, they tore my hymen open and injured my insides. Medical folks must be under the impression that just because I am overweight, I must have an opening the size of Carlsbad Cav. I have not had children and I am celibate so that is why I balk at going to the doctor. I hope I have given you enough information above about the growth I have at the first of this message.

12:18 AMgi

12:19 AMs

12:19 AM

12:20 AM

12:20 AM

Thank you. Dr. Pfeiffer

Customer:

where exactly is it coming from?

12:12 AM

vagina No

12:13 AM

vulva? No

12:13 AM

12:17 AMr

12:18 AMgi

12:19 AMs

12:19 AM

12:20 AM

Thank you. Dr. Pfeiffer

Dr. Pfeiffer :

I see.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

I understand and am very sorry about that

Dr. Pfeiffer :

given the location this may simply be a skin tag

Dr. Pfeiffer :

which is redundant tissue normally caused by friction

Dr. Pfeiffer :

In a case like this...you shouldn't need a speculum exam

Dr. Pfeiffer :

the growth just needs to be evaluated and probably removed just to make sure it isn't anything bad.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

which is probably isn't

Dr. Pfeiffer :

If you have a better relationship with your family doctor you could see him/her initially to see if this is anything that requires a gynecologist.