Dr. Pfeiffer
Dr. Pfeiffer, Doctor
Experience:  Ob/Gyn Doctor

Hello, I think this is probably a dumb question but it is bothering

Hello, I think this is probably a dumb question but it is bothering my girlfriend and I. Last night she and I were kissing and making out. I became arroused and later noticed pre-ejaculate on my underwear and the inside of my jeans. She and i were both in underwear and denim jeans. I'm concerned that the pre-ejaculate could have gone through my clothes and into her clothes to get her pregnant. I suspect that this isn't possible but I'd really like to know why. I have some OCD. Thanks. Are we in any danger of pregnancy and if not why?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Pfeiffer replied 1 year ago.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

hello

Dr. Pfeiffer :

not a dumb question at all...actually, we get this question quite often.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

you and your girlfriend can relax.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

pregnancy is essentially impossible.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

first of all...preejaculate may contain sperm..but, it may not just the same.

Customer:

hello, why is it not possible? It just seems like 4 thin layers of clothing, sorry about my stupidity lol

Dr. Pfeiffer :

next, sperm is motile in material...

Dr. Pfeiffer :

so the sperm requires a medium to be able to move...

Dr. Pfeiffer :

in the case of intercourse, that medium is a thin watery cervical mucus

Customer:

I was concerned it could get into her underwear and move within her fluids is that possible?

Dr. Pfeiffer :

for the small amount of sperm that may be present in preejaculate it would have to traverse your underware, your jeans, her underware, her jeans....and then pass the vulva to gain access to any mucus and traverse the uterus to the fallopian tube...

Dr. Pfeiffer :

and all this if she were ovulating.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

chances of that happening are about the same as you winning the lottery.

Customer:

and that is pretty well impossible?

Dr. Pfeiffer :

like I said...about the same as you winning the lottery.

Customer:

oh okay that makes sense, can I also ask you, in a real world sense, is penetration necessary for pregnancy to occur?

Customer:

I read info online and I think it misinforms sometimes, people that don't know what they are saying, not doctors like this site.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

technically no, but it is very rare.

Customer:

ok thats what I was wondering

Dr. Pfeiffer :

talking about direct ejaculation onto the vagina

Dr. Pfeiffer :

very very unlikely, but technically possible.

Customer:

ok that definitely helps and confirms what my g/f has been saying. I'm fairly ocd about pregnancy. Thank you so much

Dr. Pfeiffer :

no problem.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

you're welcome

Dr. Pfeiffer :

please take the time to rate my service.

Dr. Pfeiffer :

thank you

Dr. Pfeiffer :

Dr. Pfeiffer

Customer:

have a nice night I will give you an excellent rating and confirm

Customer:

thank you!

Dr. Pfeiffer :

thank you

Dr. Pfeiffer, Doctor
Experience: Ob/Gyn Doctor