Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  Experienced in maternity and women's health

I have a lump between my anus and my vagina. It is hard and

I have a lump between my anus and my vagina. It is hard and round about the size of a jelly bean. I just noticed it today and it is concerning. Should I seek a doctors appointment? What is this bump?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 1 year ago.
Greetings,

Is there any other symptom? Pain? Redness?

Regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is painful when touched and is skin color. it is hard as a rock. when rubbed by my underwear or sitting in certain positions it is painful

Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the input,

The lump sounds like a cyst, commonly an epidermoid or sebaceous cyst. This contain fluid from secretion of the sebaceous gland. These are formed from swelling of the glands. Usually much treatment is not necessary in these conditions. Another possibility is a wart. I would advise to get it checked by doctor. As it is painful, then there can be inflammation or infection. You can apply warm moist compress, neosporin cream. Oral antibiotic can be required.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask and continue conversation by using REPLY button. This will help me to explain further & satisfy you. PLEASE DO NOT RATE MY ANSWER TILL YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE and rate it as EXCELLENT / GOOD SERVICE when you are satisfied.

Regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

If it is a cyst what are the treatments? It just appeared. My husband and I are both clean and clear of any STD's or STI's.

Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 1 year ago.
Cyst can resolve on its own. Warm moist compress, as I wrote can be applied. Doctor can prescribe antibiotic if the cyst gets infected. If it persists, doctor may decide to excise it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What does excise mean? are cysts normal?

Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 1 year ago.
Cysts are common & can appear in different places. Excision is removal of the cyst by minor surgery.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK so the most important thing is to see a doctor? Should it be an OBGYN or should it be a normal doctor?

Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 1 year ago.
A normal doctor can be consulted initially. Excision is not necessary in all.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok thank you. I appreciate your time. I hope its nothing more serious.

Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 1 year ago.
You are always welcome to Just Answer. No, it does not sound like a serious one.If you are satisfied, please leave good or excellent feed back. Warm Regards.
Dr. Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience: Experienced in maternity and women's health