Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470

I HAVING PAIN ON THE RIGHT SIDE ABOVE PUBIC BONE ITS DULL EVERY

Customer Question

I HAVING PAIN ON THE RIGHT SIDE ABOVE PUBIC BONE ITS DULL EVERY SO OFTEN I GET A PINCHING CRAMP AND I HAVE PIN THROUGH MY THIGHS AND LEGS AND MY HIP BOE SOEMTIMES HURTS I DO HAVE 2 OVARIAN CYSTS ON THE RIGHT I AM SCHEDULE TO A HAVE LAP AND HYSTER NEXT MONTH THIS PAIN HAS INCREASED THE LAST FEW DAYS IT WAKES MY DURING THE NIGHT WITH THE PINCHING PAIN
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 2 years ago.
Greetings,

How far down the leg does the pain radiate? Is there any other symptom? Tender point? Was any test done recently?

Regards.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the pain is is mainly through the thighs and sometimes radiates to the legs just like muscular the tender points where checked in the area above the pubic bone i had ultrasound done 4 months ago showing two ovarian cyst on the right

Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the input.

The pain can be due to a few probables. It may not be due to cyst of the ovary. Pain going down the thigh & leg can be a pinched nerve at the back or limb. It is more likely to cause pain there. Other cause can be due to kidney or urinary in origin. However, I would advise to take an examination by doctor again. He can take a few tests like urine analysis, ultrasound or a scan etc. If the pain is much, analgesics like motrin or naproxen can be taken if there is no contraindication. You need to take it after meal to avoid gastric irritation.

If you have any query, please feel free to ask. Please rate my answer as GOOD OR EXCELLENT SERVICE when you are satisfied. If you think poor or bad service, then please continue conversation by using REPLY button without rating the answer. This will help me to explain further & satisfy you.
Regards.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

my kidney and urine levels couldn't be better i have not buring pain when urniate its just the pain hurts more there pressure are you a gyno

Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 2 years ago.

I am a gynecologist and will help you with your question.

Can i have some more information please? Why are you having the lap and hysterectomy next month? What symptoms related to that do you have?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
well i have experienced alot of right side pain so my gyno said lets go in a do clean up remove the cyst she said before that go and get everything checked out like bowel and bladder all the came back negative i am having a laparscopy and hysreroscopy exccison of endo if any dye studies fo tubes
Thank you for the added information.

If you have endometriosis, then that could be the cause of the pain that you have - the dull suprapubic pain as well as the radiating pain down the legs.

Endoometriosis can casue scarring and adhesion formation inside the abdomen - these can pull on the ligaments which can in turn pull or pinch the nerves to the hips and legs causing the radiating pain that you have.

Endometriotic spots or adhesions from the uterus to the anterior abdominal wall or the ovaries can cause the dull pain.

Another cause could be a herniated disc or arthritis of the spinal joints - this can cause similar pain. You will need to get an MRI of the back for this diagnosis.

There is nothing much you can do now except take painkillers. The pain will resolve after the surgery.

I hope this helps.

Please rate my answer and/or click 'Accept' - that is the way I receive credit for helping you with your question and compensation for my time with you. A positive rating will be appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i just have a quick question so with the ovarian cyst they don't cause anydirect pains to the ovaries but can the pressure cause pain else were pulling heaviness pressure
Yes, the ovaries can cause pressure and heaviness. They can also cause a distant pain by pulling on the ligaments attached to them, especially if they become heavy, as can happen when there is a cyst.

I hope this helps.

Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience: MD (Obst&Gynecology)
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 2 years ago.
I have already opted out of your question. It is not necessary to rate it.