khagihara
khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Trained in OB & GYN for many years.
20084961

Ive been spotting for about two weeks now. I started my period

I've been spotting for about two weeks now. I started my period June 9, 2012 and it lasted till June 12, 2012. I do not have protected sex and we use the pull out method. I usually have sex with my partner 2-3 times a week. I remember that about two weeks ago, before this started to happen me and my bf had unprotected sex. He kinda seemed worried afterwards and I asked why but he didn't say why. So now I'm thinking he did let loose in me a bit. The spotting is brownish and I can only see it when I wipe. Could it be possible that I am pregnant?

khagihara :

I am honored to assist you. My answers are for information purposes only. They don’t substitute for a visit to a doctor’s office. Doctor/patient relationship is not established.

khagihara :

When was the first day of your last period?

khagihara :

When are or were you expecting next period?

khagihara :

Have you have a pelvic exam, a pap smear, and an ultrasound?

khagihara :

Did you have a pregnancy test? If so, when?

Customer:

June 9 was the first day of my last period. Next period should probably be starting in a week. I actually noticed that my period started a little earlier last month then it did may. In May I started May 15. That last pap smear I had was in February 2012. I haven't had a pregnancy test yest. Its to early and the last time I got pregnant the tests came out negative for 2 months. So I am pointing more for waiting a bit longer before taking one.

khagihara :

Yes, it is too soon to have a pregnancy test. There are some possibilities such as cervical polyps, vaginal or cervical infection, genital warts, uterine polyps, fibroids, adenomyosis (endometriosis of the uterus; if you have severe pain during periods), an ovarian cyst, and underactive thyroid (hypothyrodism). You should see a gyn to have a pelvic exam, a blood test, and an ultrasound.

Customer:

Thanks. Its good to know. Maybe I can get one soon :).

Customer:

The thing will not allow me to rate you :(.

Customer:

I keep on picking the excellent service face and nothing is happening.

Customer:

Also I was wondering how highly do you think I may be pregnant? I get a pap smear every year and they all have come out just fine. I've been with the same guy for over 4 years so I don't have multiple partners and neither does he.

Customer:

I also was checked for problems with my thyroids about a year ago and those came out clear too.

Customer:

My period, when I have it, has been the same as every month. I bit cramping but nothing extraordinarily different.

Customer:

I don't have pain during intercourse. I have been bleeding a bit, recently. Since I started two weeks ago.

khagihara :

It is difficult to say you are pregnant or not right now. It is too soon to have a pregnancy test. When you miss next period, you should take a test. Thyroid diseases and STDs are ruled out.

khagihara :

Any questions?

Customer:

Nope, thank you very much :).