Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate
18703594

I have a clear fluid gushing from my vagina that has no odor

I have a clear fluid gushing from my vagina that has no odor and watery in consistency as if my water broke. No pain, no stimulation, no warning. I'm 35, have 2 kids, recent exam with no stds, tubal ligation. I soaked my pants and when I made it to the restroom to clean myself apprx another 4-6oz gushed out onto the floor. What's going on?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Owen :

Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.

Dr. Owen :

Hello

Dr. Owen :

How did you have your children - vaginally or c-section?

Dr. Owen :

Is this new - or has this been going on for awhile?

Dr. Owen :

Any medical problems?

Dr. Owen :

Hello

Dr. Owen :

Do you leak urine at all when you get up out of chair, out of the car?

Dr. Owen :

How long have you had this fluid gushing and does it occur constantly>?

Customer: Vaginal births. It happened once before a year ago. Only medical problems I've had is asthma, thyroiditis. I was diagnosed with herpes 12 years ago and have reoccurring bacterial vaginosis and trich. Sorry I didn't say all this in the beginning. Didn't know how this site worked.
Customer: I never leak urine. It's odorless, but it did occur after a brief car ride and after I used the restroom
Dr. Owen :

You are doing great on this site.

Dr. Owen :

With watery discharge this could be a leak from your bladder - such as directly from your urethra.

Dr. Owen :

This could be a hold from your bladder directly into your vagina.

Dr. Owen :

This could also be a cyst on the ovary or fallopian tubes and this all needs to be evaluated.

Dr. Owen :

so, you do need a pelvic exam.

Dr. Owen :

Also, you need to have a pelvic ultrasound to check your ovaries/ fallopian tubes.

Dr. Owen :

And, your ob/gyn would be the perfect doctor to be seen for this.

Dr. Owen :

Do you have additional questions?

Customer: In 2010 I had a myomectomy. Sometime I experience pain during intercourse because it feels like he's hittin an ovary.
Dr. Owen :

Yes, a myomectomy can cause adhesions (scar tissue) and hence cause some of the problems you might be having.

Dr. Owen :

And, a pelvic exam can find if this is urine too - such as what is known as POP - Pelvic organ prolapse.

Dr. Owen :

And, if you have a fistula (a hole from the bladder to the vagina) - a simple test called a Tampon test can check this.

Dr. Owen :

so, your ob/gyn can check this for you

Customer: How would the bladder hold over into the vagina?
Dr. Owen :

can you explain what you mean

Dr. Owen :

That bladder can sometimes fall into the vagina - called a Cystocele

Dr. Owen :

a good pelvic exam by your ob/gyn can tell you if you have this and if there is a problem with this.

Dr. Owen :

When the bladder falls such as a cystocele - this can change the anatomy of the urethra and hence can cause leaking.

Dr. Owen :

Does this help

Dr. Owen :

Do you have additional questions?

Customer: Ok, is there anyway I can get an email transcript of this convo so that I can take the suggestions to my OB?
Dr. Owen :

Well you can copy and paste this into any program you want.

Dr. Owen :

And, JA might be able to email this to you too -

Dr. Owen :

I can request that JA send this transcript to you when the question is over.

Customer: Oh?, I'm on my iPhone. Will try to copy.
Dr. Owen :

Great -

Dr. Owen :

JA has your email - I do not - (I am one of the experts, so I do not have your personal information) -

Dr. Owen :

Please click on ACCEPT, thank you

Dr. Owen :

Are you there

Dr. Owen :

Also, you can always log back in and go to 'My Questions' and you can get your question on any computer.

Dr. Owen :

I hope this helps, please click on ACCEPT, thank you

Customer: Yes it does, still trying to copy paste
Dr. Owen :

GReat

Dr. Owen :

Please click on ACCEPT so I can get credit for my answers to you, thank you

Dr. Owen :

Are you still there

Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience: Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate