Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  28 years of experience and an award-winning educator.

Weird feeling AFTER I pee, kind of annoying. Just a little

Weird feeling AFTER I pee, kind of annoying. Just a little bit of pain.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.

Dr. C. :

I am glad to help you. Answers are intended to provide general medical information only.

Dr. C. :

This is typical for a bladder infection.

Dr. C. :

Bladder infections are very common in women in their 20s.

Dr. C. :

Home treatment to try would be to drink lots of water and take cranberry extract.

Dr. C. :

Sometimes if the infection hasn't taken hold, it can treat it well enough.

Dr. C. :

But if that doesn't work and the symptoms get worse, then a prescription antibiotic will be needed.

Dr. C. :

The other possibility is that occasionally chlamydia can cause similar symptoms.

Customer: I am on antibiotic for a uti, well that's what they think it is from
Customer: Blood and white blood cells in my urine. Been on it since Monday, still annoying frelings
Dr. C. :

It could be that it's the wrong antibiotic.

Dr. C. :

Did they send the urine for culture?

Dr. C. :

By now it should have worked.

Customer: Yes abd haven't heard anything
Dr. C. :

The culture should be back by now.

Customer: It doesn't feel as bad as it dead but still annoyibg
Dr. C. :

Calling the clinic to ask for the culture results and to let them know you're still having symptoms would be a good idea.

Customer: I go back Monday but it's stressing me out. I'm scared it is something serious
Dr. C. :

Most likely the bacteria was a different type and needed a different antibiotic then they gave you.

Dr. C. :

When a woman presents with a UTI, they just have to start antibiotics based on what usually works.

Dr. C. :

But sometimes the culture shows the bacteria causing the infection are resistant to that antibiotics and we have to change antibiotics.

Customer: Ok. I was scared its like cancer
Dr. C. :

Also a chlamydia culture should be done if it wasn't already done.

Dr. C. :

No, no reason to think it has anything to do with cancer.

Dr. C. :

Most likely resistant bacteria with wrong antibiotic treatment or chlamydia which is completely treable with the right antibiotics too.

Dr. C. :

Anything else?

Customer: They originally thought it was yeast because my urine was negative. Now 2 weeks later but urine had stuff in it
Dr. C. :

Then calling for the culture results is really a good idea to see if anything grew. Also they most likely took a chlamydia culture?

Dr. C. :

The other possibility, especially if a woman is on birthcontrol pills or is thin, is that the tissue is thin from low estrogen. This can cause similar symptoms.

Customer: No they didn't, she just looked and saw yeast and told me that's what it was
Dr. C. :

In that case another visit would be a good idea. They should redip the urine, take a chlamydia culture and reexamine you.

Dr. C. :

But there is no cancer.

Dr. C. :

Anything else?

Dr. C. :

If not please click accept so that I get credit.

Dr. C. :

Hope you feel better soon.

Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience: 28 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.