Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.

Pus like bumps on labia minora

Customer Question

I have very painful pus like bumps on my labia minora they are the size of lentils I have a picture if any one can look at i realized theuncomftable feeling when I got my menstrual
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
Do they hurt?
Do they sting?
Is the pus clear or whitish?
Are you sexually active?
How big are they?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I spoke to you yesterday I figured offer a pic to a doctor to see
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
you can attach the picture with the paperclip in the tool bar.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
This is what I said yesterday - correct?
"Okay - you more than likely have an infection - of what type this is difficult to say - this could be a herpes infection although herpes is more smaller lesions with clear fluid - but they do burn, hurt and sting.
This could be some other time of STD - but hard to say which one unless I could actually look at it.
And, this could just be a simple infection that IS NOT a STD - but either way you do need to get this evaluated, and 'Cultured' to see exactly what type of infection this is, and hence your doctor will be able to treat this appropriately."????
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes that was but im worried i been trying to get in contact with doctors for an appointment and being that its friday apparently everyone is out the office early but the curiosity is killing me and the pain when i urinate is very painful when it makes contact with those little bumps you see

Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
These do look painful and these could be what is known as chancre, and I would highly recommend that you get this evaluated and treated. You might need a small surgical procedure to remove them along with antibiotics.
I hope this helps, please click on ACCEPT, if you have additional questions please ask,
Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I looked it up and it says chancre is painless these however are not I appreciate your time thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Answer quality.
It was not an accurate answer to my symsptoms
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 4 years ago.
I'm sorry I have been trying to help you, I will opt out
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 4 years ago.

Hello, this is Dr K99. Answers are not medical advice and do not constitute a Dr/patient relationship. Please consult your Dr for medical advice.

I can try to help you. This looks like lesions in a cluster. Herpes lesions are painful and will burn and sting. They will occur in a cluster like this. Over a period of 2-3 days the lesions will burst and release fluid They will then scab over. To diagnose herpes the lesion base after it has burst open should be swabbed and sent for a viral culture. Its important to get this done even if you need to visit the emergency room to do it.

The other possibility that is less likely is molluscum contagiosum, also a viral infection. It looks like small whitehead pimples . They can be extruded of the white center and will heal on their own. They are painful because they are filled with a thick white cheesy substance.

Molluscum is very contagious as is herpes. You should not touch the lesions without washing with soap and water well after.

I am happy to answer followup questions. Good luck

Dr. K., MD
Experience: Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.