khagihara
khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Trained in OB & GYN for many years.

i have red pimple look a like bumps on my vagina they are painless

Customer Question

i have red pimple look a like bumps on my vagina they are painless but itchy wat could the cause be?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.
How big is it? Did you have flu-like symptoms before it developed
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
they are small like pimples no flu like symptoms they dont hurt just itch alot they seem to be going away without popping
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.
Does it have a white head? Does it have a navel on the top?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it hass white head looks like a rash and appaaarent fluid in them have had them for 2 to 3 weeks already i had discharge before they popped up the discharge looked like a yeast infection but foul smelling
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it has white head looks like a rash and appaaarent fluid in them have had them for 2 to 3 weeks already i had discharge before they popped up the discharge looked like a yeast infection but foul smelling
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.
It seems to be folliculitis. Folliculitis occurs when hair follicles become infected, often with Staphylococcus aureus or other bacteria. Certain variations of folliculitis are also known as hot tub folliculitis and barber's itch. The infection usually appears as small, white-headed pimples around one or more hair follicles — the tiny pockets from which each hair grows. Most cases of folliculitis are superficial, and they may itch, but on occasion they're painful too. Superficial folliculitis often clears by itself in a few days, but deep or recurring folliculitis may need medical treatment.
Superficial folliculitis, which affects the upper part of the hair follicle, may cause:

Clusters of small red or pus-filled bumps that develop around hair follicles
Pus-filled blisters that break open and crust over
Red and inflamed skin
Itchiness or tenderness

Mild cases of folliculitis often respond well to home care. The following suggestions may help relieve discomfort, speed healing and prevent the infection from spreading:

Apply a warm, moist washcloth or compress to the affected area several times a day to relieve discomfort and help the area drain, if needed.
Try an oatmeal lotion or an over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream to help soothe itchy skin.
Gently wash the infected skin twice a day with antibacterial soap or apply an over-the-counter antibiotic ointment. Use a clean washcloth and towel to dry off each time you wash.
Avoid shaving irritated skin. If you must shave, use an electric razor rather than a blade and apply a soothing aftershave lotion when you're finished. Also, shave in the direction of hair growth rather than against it.
Don't share your towels or washcloths, and launder them in plenty of hot, soapy water after every use. Wash clothes that cover the affected areas after each wearing.

Mild cases of folliculitis will likely go away on their own. If it is persistent or recurring, you should see your doctor.
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.

Red and inflamed skin
Itchiness or tenderness

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is it normal for them to last so long?
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.
It is not normal. But your lesion seems to be getting better. You should try over-the-counter antibiotic ointment such as neosporin to help the lesion cured faster.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i tried some cream that has lidocaine and it didnt help at all and tripl antibiotic wasnt really helping either wat happens if its not superficial?
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 years ago.
Deep folliculitis starts deeper in the skin surrounding the hair follicle and affects the entire hair follicle. Signs and symptoms include:

A large swollen bump or mass
Pain
Possible scars once the infection clears

Your lesion doesn't seem to be deep folliculitis. Since the antibiotic ointment didn't work, you should see your doctor to have an exam, a swab, and appropriate medication (antibiotics for bacteria, antifugal medication for yeast).