You have the right spirit. With regards XXXXX XXXXX there is a range of options. I will list all of them and provide details of any you'd like to the best of my ability:
1. close attention to diet and exercise, best diet advice I've seen is Michael Pollens In Defense of Food, exercise 15-60 minutes 6-7 days per week.
2. placebo controlled studies show benefit of Calcium 500mg twice daily
3. placebo controlled studies show benefit of Western herb Vitex aka Chasteberry, I do not know the dosages used in studies but the supplements will vary in strength depending on how the active ingredients have been extracted so I advise just following the directions on the bottle, you may also be able to do a deep google search and find the studies using search terms Vitex PMS placebo-controlled studies.
3. birth control pills to over ride your system and provide a steady level of hormones instead of your own erratic commotions
4. progesterone on cycle days 15 through 24, I usually use a natural progesterone brand Prometrium, it's easier to control dosing than using the progesterone creams out there
5. intermittent Prozac, it has a separate FDA approval for one week per month in controlling PMS, most of my patients consider this a last resort although I do have a handful who take me up on this one. It comes in an extended release so you take one pill per month starting on the day you begin feeling symptoms. Any questions? Please accept.