Monika Hearne, M.D.
Monika Hearne, M.D., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  With experience and compassion, I treat my patients like family.
26166488

I have pelvis cramping, low back pain and cramping, thighs

I have pelvis cramping, low back pain and cramping, thighs cramping. This has been continuous for the last four months. I have had pap smear, uterine scrape, vaginal saline ultrasound, laproscopic surgery (they removed some scaring on my ovaries) and the doctor says there is nothing wrong with me. But it is constant pain and is really, really starting to get to me!!
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Monika Hearne, M.D. replied 2 years ago.

Monika Hearne, M.D. :

Hello, I would be happy to assist you.

Monika Hearne, M.D. :

Are there no signs of constipation either?

Monika Hearne, M.D. :

When your doctor does the pelvic exam and inserts two fingers vaginally while pressing on your pelvis, does this aggravate your pain?

Customer:

I did have constipation, but have been on prescription fiber for several months so not anymore.

Customer:

No, only on my right side, I was checked for appendicitis but didn't have that

Customer:

Did you see the part i wrote where I have had a colonoscopy and endoscopy, 3 cat scans and a bunch of xrays and they can't find anything?

Customer:

hello??

Monika Hearne, M.D. :

Yes, I did. However, something is causing your pain so I have to ask. If you do not have pain when your doctor performs the pelvic exam, then it is unlikely that your pain is from your female organs. There certainly are cases of appendiceal pain that is not the actual appendicitis that would cause the routine signs and appearance we are accustomed to. I recently performed a similar surgery for a girl who had pain for several months. Since her pelvis was normal, I had a surgeon remove her appendix. Sure enough the pathology on the appendix confirmed she had appendicitis. ...despite her normal CT scans.

Monika Hearne, M.D. :

So, it is definitely possible that it is your appendix. If you had scarring on the right ovary, I would remove that ovary and the appendix and hopefully that will resolve your pain.

Customer:

but would i be having pain on BOTH sides and my back and buttocks and thighs if it was my appendix?

Customer:

what about my hormonal changes because of menopause

Monika Hearne, M.D. :

You did just say above you only have pain on your right side. However, my patient did have pain all over. I thought that perhaps she only had scar tissue from a previous c-section. She had no scar tissue to remove and no longer has pain after her appendix was removed.

Monika Hearne, M.D. :

Menopausal hormonal changes do not cause pain. However, if you have no illnesses that would prevent hormone usage, hormone therapy would not increase your pain and can be tried.

Customer:

No, you asked if I had pain "when the doctor inserted two fingers" and I do but that is above the area where I have contsnt pain which is in my pelvic area, my lower back, my buttocks and my thighs that is pretty much present all the time

Monika Hearne, M.D. :

Yes, you can have pain all over. Pelvic pain frequently radiates to the back and thighs. If you have pain on the right with the pelvic exam, I would recommend you ask that your appendix and right ovary be removed.

Customer:

I will look into that. Thanks

Experience: With experience and compassion, I treat my patients like family.