Monika Hearne, M.D.
Monika Hearne, M.D., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  With experience and compassion, I treat my patients like family.

i am 72 years old and i am having hot flashes what can be

i am 72 years old and i am having hot flashes what can be done to help me and what causes them
Hello, I would be happy to assist you. How long have you had hot flashes? When was the last time you had a physical exam and blood work performed?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i have them for about a month and i have not seen a doctor about them what do you think i should do . thank you for your help
When was the last time your thyroid was checked and you had a physical exam?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i have an apt with my doctor 9/27 and i will ask her about it thank you for your help i did not know that old age you could have hot flashes. i had a complete blood work done 8/18 i forget about it and all was ok but i think she did not look for thyroid thank you again for your help.

You're welcome. Thyroid disease is a common cause so make sure she tests you for this. Illness, arthritis/inflammatory types of illnesses, and cancer are other causes. She should order blood tests to evaluate you for these illnesses. If nothing is found in your blood, she may have to scan your abdomen to make sure there are no signs of cancer.

I wish you the best. If you have additional questions, please ask. If none,
please click "Accept." Thank you.