Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
1725470
OB GYN

I am a white, 65-year old female experiencing vaginal discharge,

mostly in the mornings when... Show More
mostly in the mornings when I am the most active. The discharge varies from mostly a white cottage-cheese like substance to a brown, dried-blood looking discharge. The last time I saw my physician, he told me I had a prolapsed bladder, and I am wondering if that has anything to do with this. Several months ago I was taking antibiotics which led to a yeast infection, but was taken care of with the "magic" pill. Then I had what I thought was a urinary-tract infection with the urgent need to urinate. A friend gave me pills from Mexico, and that seemed to take care of the problem. This latest problem has been on-going for at least a month with no itching and no pain. Any suggestions to what the problem may be?

A white cottage-cheese like discharge indicates a yeast infection. Although yeast infection generally causes some amount of itching, it may not always do so.

The brownish dried blood discharge is more serious.

Bleeding after the menopause (post-menopausal bleeding) can be due to cervical growths or endometrial hyperplasia (the endometrium is the inner lining of the uterus) which can be potentially malignant.

The blood stained discharge can also be due to bleeding from the vaginal walls as a result of the yeast infection, but you need to consult an Obgyn as early as possible to rule out malignant growhts.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you need more input. If not, please click on the green"Accept" button on this page. A positive rating and adding a bonus will be warmly appreciated.
Customer reply replied 5 years ago.
Could any of this be related to a prolapsed bladder?
No, these are not related to a prolapsed bladder.

I hope this helps.