Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor(MD)
Experience:  Experienced in maternity and women's health
9324755

cut on cervix

I had some bleeding during intercourse, went to my GP she said there was a slight cut or scrape on my cervix. She didn't seem concerned and said it would heal - can this happen from normal sex? What should I do to help this heal? Can I wear tampons during my regular period?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 5 years ago.

Greetings,

The scrape can occur from an injury. Rough sex can be a factor. This should heal when the doctor has examined it. There are many other causes, like infection, inflammation, growth etc. However, your pap is normal. If it repeats then you should take a review.

Any query, please feel free to ask.
It will be my privilege to assist you.
Regards.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What should I do to help this heal? Can I wear tampons during my regular period?
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 5 years ago.
It will be better not to use tampon to avoid injury to the already scraped area. Usually slight cut or scrape will heal on its own. No active measures will be necessary. If you are satisfied with the answer, please press the ACCEPT button so that I can be compensated for my time & effort. Communication is open till you have query. Regards.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How long do you think it will take to heal? my GP said it was about 1/4 of an inch in length. How long should I obstain from sex and tampons?

I am having an ultrasound today to rule out uterine causes, any questions I should ask about the results?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can you please just answer those last questions, have aready accepted.
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 5 years ago.
It would heal in about 10-15 days. You should avoid sex & tampon during this period. You can ask about the condition of the uterus & ovary.