Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate

Hi, How long does Fertile CM take to work once you start

How long does Fertile CM take to work once you start taking it to give you thinner cervical mucas?

also, how helpful is metformin 1700mg daily in aiding to reduce testosterone levels? I am trying to conceive, so I obviously can not take birth control pills to lower androgens, and I am not really overweight, so what can I do or take to lower testosterone?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
Fertile CM (cervical mucous) is really just a bunch of vitamins, herbs, supplements - so there is no real scientific proof avaialble for fertility - only what the company claims.
The only thing that you can do to safely lower testosterone is taking what you already are - and that is metformin - at least 1500mg per day.