Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I am 34 weeks pregnant and have bad pain on my left side.

I am 34 weeks pregnant and have bad pain on my left side. Streches from my back around my side to under my belly. It goes away if I lie flat or still but as soos as I start moving I cant walk it is too painfull. Should I be worried? Could it be constipation or would that be on the right hand side?
It's a good sign that the pain goes away when you're still and hurts when you move. I suspect that you have what is called round ligament pain, which is very common during pregnancy. There is a round ligament on each side of the uterus, and they get stretched out during pregnancy and often cause pain. Constipation pain usually wouldn't be related to movement the same. However, if you're constipated, it would be wise to take something for it, since it can lead to pain and hemorrhoids. Since your pain keeps you from walking, If it is round ligament pain, adjusting your activity is usually the best solution. I would see your doctor, just to be sure everything else is OK. Best wishes.