Dr. Pfeiffer
Dr. Pfeiffer, Doctor
Experience:  Ob/Gyn Doctor
8534737

MY CLITORIS IS INVERTED AND PAINFULL.

MY CLITORIS IS INVERTED AND PAINFULL.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Pfeiffer replied 3 years ago.

there may be a yeast infection making things worse, but the normal underlying problem in a woman your age is vaginal and vulvar atrophy..which is essentially shrinking of the tissue and is due to the lack of estrogen.

I'd urge you to discuss adding vaginal estrogen to your treatment. I think you'll see improvement in 6 weeks.

I'm happy to answer follow up questions as needed, but remember to click 'accept'.

thank you so much.

Dr. Pfeiffer

Dr. Pfeiffer, Doctor
Experience: Ob/Gyn Doctor
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hell Dr Pfeiffer,

The tip of clitoris is inverted. How do I get it out?

I already take HRT and have been treated for a yeast infection.

Actually, you need to have this examined because it sounds like there may be adhesions of the clitoral hood causing the inversion.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What do you mean by adhesions? I was taking a shower and as I was washing I felt sharp pain and noticed the inversion. The day before I was just fine.

Oh I see, I was under the impression this was an ongoing problem.

In this case I think engorgement from clitoral stimulation will solve the inversion.

thank you so much.

Dr. Pfeiffer

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It has been inverted for a few months. it was not painfull after first discovered it. I was not sexually active. I now have a relationship. I can reached orgazam and it is still inverted. It is now becoming painful.

Ok..that's what I was thinking.

There may be adhesions or strictures from the supporting structures of the clitoris. Have this evaluated to see if there are adhesions and if so, can they be safely broken down without affecting your sensation.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Pfeiffer,

Please explain to me what kind of adhesions or strictures can affect a clitoris? What do you mean my they can be broken down? I want to make sure I am not causing it.

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend 1 credit to view this question.
Spend 1 Credit and view all the answers to this question.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Do you mean nothing is torn? When you say, may be broken down with stimulation does that also mean I will have to live with this condition? How long will it take to repair?

so if there are adhesions, each time you are stimulated it may be pulling and causing the discomfort, but also be stretching a stricture or breaking an adhesion. Think of it as bands of tissue holding the clitoris in.

You may find this continues to get better on it's own. If there are adhesions they may be broken down with a healing time of about 2 weeks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Pheiffer

The sharp pain I felt when I was washing, what was that?

I am currently on HRT BIO-IDENICALS with a testonerone cream to apply to that area. Will that help my clitoris with the inversion?

Ok.

again, it would be like stretching.

I don't use bio-identical hormones.

I'd recommend a trial of vaginal estrogen.