Dr. Pfeiffer
Dr. Pfeiffer, Doctor
Experience:  Ob/Gyn Doctor
8534737

I have a sharp pain in my uterus and ovaries section, I am

I have a sharp pain in my uterus and ovaries section, I am a mother of four so I know how labor pain feels and I am not even pregnant. I feel like i am going into labor when you feel the baby going down some sort of feeling and I want to know what can it be?

I'd say there are either ovarian cysts or pelvic organ prolapse. Both may cause this type of pain, but I favor the prolapse....especially if you have had 4 children vaginally.

The prolapse is 'dropping' of the uterus and cervix. This causes stretching, tension and pressure on nerves that give you the pain.

You can do a simple test at home. Feel where your cervix is normally and then feel where it goes when you bear down. If the cervix drops when you bear down you have prolapse.

I'm happy to answer follow up questions as needed, but please remember to click 'accept'.

thank you so much,

Dr. Pfeiffer

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have not told you everything. I had an uterus infection back in June of last year and does this mean that the infection can come back?

No, not necessarily. Uterine infections are fairly uncommon away from childbirth.

Unless you have had similar conditions or exposures to last June I wouldn't really consider it.

Dr. Pfeiffer

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

after the day surgery I had in June, I have bled for a few days and it came back 2 weeks later and bled ever since until 2 weeks ago and now I feel this sharp pain in my uterus/ovaries. I can barely walk unless I have to

what was the surgery for?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
to clean out my blood clots inside my uterus

Ok. So a D&C. Irregular bleeding isn't uncommon. Infection is. Being out 6 months means there is no relationship.

If this pain is new, it's probably an ovarian cyst. You need an ultrasound to confirm the diagnosis.

Dr. Pfeiffer

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Okay I will go see the person who does ultrasound.. THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Ok. Good luck and please take the time to leave feedback.

Dr. Pfeiffer