Alan Gibstein, M.D.
Alan Gibstein, M.D., OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Assistant Professor of OB/GYN with 40 years of experience treating patients. Fellow of The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists.

Hi, How long does it take HCG to show in urine I am 16 dpo

Hi, How long does it take HCG to show in urine? I am 16 dpo 2days late with period. EPT used at lunch time Negative. Temp this a.m. 98.10
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Alan Gibstein, M.D. replied 5 years ago.

Dear Melane and welcome. Generally, the urine tests will turn positve when the blood level of HCG passes through 1200-1500 units. That is about the time that a woman is 7 or more days late for her longest normal cycle, or about 21 days past conception.
The temperature is suggestive of the presence of progesterone and, at this late stage in the cycle, is likely to be due to pregnancy. Repeat the test in 3-4 days. Good luck