Dr. Pfeiffer
Dr. Pfeiffer, Doctor
Experience:  Ob/Gyn Doctor
8534737

I have several small white spots around my clit/clit hood area.

I have several small white spots around my clit/clit hood area. The area is very itchy. I have been with 2 men in four years, one was an isolated incident and he used a condom. This was approximately 6-7 months ago. The second I have been in a monogamous relationship with for 5 months and we do not use protection, however he has had no issues. I am wondering if I could be having an allergic reaction to the lube we have been using.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Pfeiffer replied 6 years ago.

shzdl1ls,

it certainly may be a reaction to something you're using - not just lubricants, but also sprays, soaps, detergents, etc. It may also be an early yeast infection, which can present in the same fashion. Try to establish a trigger (ie lubricants) and avoid it. If it goes away, there you go. If not, you may wish to consult your gynecologist for evaluation because herpes can also present this way. Most, about 70%, have no idea they have been exposed to the herpes virus.

Regards,

Dr. Pfeiffer

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Does herpes itch? I thought it was painful...one other thing I forgot to mention is it started monday as one spot and increased throughout the past 36 hours or so

unfortunately it can start out as an itch or burn, but it is very common for the lesions to cluster. may be worth having the lesions cultured by your doctor just so you know.

thanks,

Dr. Pfeiffer