Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.

I am 46 years old. Always tired. I have gone to the drs.

I am 46 years old. Always tired. I have gone to the dr's. for blood tests and they are normal. I do have osteoarthritis in both my knees. I go to bed between 12:00 - 1:00 am. I get up I'm tired. When I watch TV I dose. But towards the end of the day I am fine.
I am overweight I weigh over 200 lbs. I am on weight watchers.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 5 years ago.
How much exercise do you get? Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I really don't exercise that much. I use to do floor exercises and I walk a little to town. I was thinking of joining a gym. I don't know if that is good because of my osteoarthritis. Please Help Me doctor.
Most doctors will say that one of the main treatments we have for osteoarthritis is exercise. Our bodies require exercise to function well and have enough energy. I'm sure your knees make exercise more difficult, but I would highly recommend increased exercise, both for your arthritis and for your energy level. Walking is wonderful exercise, and if you can do it, I'd recommend working up to 45-60 minutes a day. If you haven't had your thyroid checked, that would be a good idea, because low thyroid can cause both decreased energy and weight gain, but most overweight people with fatigue have normal thyroid tests. The other important things for good health and not feeling tired are good nutrition, enough sleep, good social relationships, and enough activity that you enjoy doing. Best wishes.