Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate

I am a 67 year old healthy woman with marginal high blood pressure

I am a 67 year old healthy woman with marginal high blood pressure for which I take a small dose of medicine to lower blood pressure - today in the afternoon I started to feel the urge to urinate every 10 minutes with a painful burning sensation which developed to in the evening to blood in the urine with black clots with the burn pain sensation.....what shall I do?
Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.
You need to see your doctor for this - this is MOST likely NOT due to the medication for blood pressure, but you might have a urinary tract infection (UTI) or even a possible urinary tract stone - so you need a urinanalysis and a urine culture. You can try to buy some AZO which is over the counter to help you, but you will STILL need to see your doctor even if AZO helps your symptoms to check on the blood.
I hope this helps, PLease click on ACCEPT, thank you for your questions.