Dr. Kala
Dr. Kala, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Caring US educated & trained physician, 26 years of experience in OBGYN & women's health care.
18657704

my breasts have been sore to touch for over 3 weeks now, i

my breasts have been sore to touch for over 3 weeks now, i know im not pregnant as im on the 3 month injection and dont currently have a partner. when i take my bra off at the end of the night it is pure agony im a 36f. im 33 years old, i struggle to sleep at night as every movement hurts

Dr. Kala :

Hi, Let me help you understand your current health care problem. I offer compassionate, considerate information.

Dr. Kala :

Breast soreness is one of the common side effects of the depo Provera (DP) injection. It tends to subside after the first month. But you can reduce your caffeine intake as well as the salt and sugar in your diet which may help to relieve the symptoms.

Dr. Kala :

Let you provider know and discuss an alternative.

JACUSTOMER-k8d4zcra- :

ive been on it for over 5 years im not a big tea or coffee drinker, and rarely use salt

Dr. Kala :

If you just recently got an injection then the symptoms are related. If the soreness does not resolve in the next 2 weeks then notify your provider.

JACUSTOMER-k8d4zcra- :

the pain started before my depo was due so i got it two weeks early and no pain has subsided

JACUSTOMER-k8d4zcra- :

my breast are itchy aswell, dont know if this is connected

Dr. Kala :

At this point an exam is indicated to make sure there is nothing wrong with the breasts.

JACUSTOMER-k8d4zcra- :

would i need to see a nurse or a doctor

Dr. Kala :

You can see a nurse practitioner or your physician.