Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Board Certified: Ob/Gyn & Preventive medicine, US Medical Graduate

What vitiams can i take to increase my estrogen levels So

Customer Question

What vitiams can i take to increase my estrogen levels? So my hormones will be balanced so I can get Pregnant
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.

Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.

Actually, you should take Prenatal vitamins NOW (even before pregnancy).

Also, many many women like FertilAid - here is the website:

And, your periods are okay - it is still within the normal range and as long as you are having a 'regular' monthly period, you are more than likely still ovulating.

I hope this helps, Please click on ACCEPT, thank you for your questions.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am already taking pre-natal vitamins. I want to know what will increase my estrogen levels so that the egg will implant as I obviously have very thin lining in my uterus.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.

To Help increase your levels:

There are many foods that will help and here is a website that will help - it says menopause and HRT at the top of the page - but it does give you foods that help for estrogen:

Here are some other sites that will help you:

Thank you for your question - Please click on ACCEPT, thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
Hello...I hope you found all this information useful.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
You haven't really answered my questions. you have just referred me to more websites and do more research. I was hoping you would just tell me the answer. Sorry, a little disappointed :-(. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
I can make lists and lists for you - but you were asking how you can increase your estrogen levels - but what you really want to know is HOW to get pregnant - I'm assuming - and in actuality, estrogen is not really the answer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, I know how to get pregnant. the eggs won't implant on my lining as my lining is too thin so I am trying to find out if there is anything I can take to increase my estrogen levels which will in turn build up my lining. I am trying to find this out before I have to take next step and go and see specialist who will then put me on hormone replacement medication... I don't want lists and lists just an answer to my question - is there a particular vitamin I can take to increase my estrogen levels?
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
Why do you think you do not have a 'thick' enough lining? Have you had any testing?
What is your height and weight?
Do you have a regular period, meaning do you have a period that occurs on schedule such as every 24 to 35 days?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

My period is very light and only goes for 24 hours. So my GP has said it is possible that as I have a regular period (exactly 28 days) and I am definitely ovulating that it is possible that the baby cannot implant and that is why I am not pregnant. I have already conceived naturally and have used the mirena contraception and it acts to thin the lining and now it is too thin, so to increase the thickness I need to increase my estrogen.

Height is 171cm and weight is 77 kgs.

Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
That would be a bit unlikely - because the 'thickness' of the lining is NOT likely the problem.
And, what I would initial check are a few things:
I would check your Estradiol level and if this is in the normal range - then you have a normal level - and honestly since you have a regular cycle that is every 28 days, you MORE THAN Likely have a regular estrogen/estradiol level.
So, next - you should have your fallopian tubes checked to see if they are open - this is done with a HSG - Hysterosalpingogram.
Next, you need to have your thyroid checked with a TSH thyroid blood test.
And, 50% of the time, it is THE GUY who has the problem - so his semen and sperm need to be checked too.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
All of these things are in hand. And this has already been confirmed, just trying to do something before I see specialist.
Expert:  Dr. Owen replied 5 years ago.
So, with all of this being normal - then if you are NOT able to have embryo implantation, then next thing I look for is what is known as Hydrosalpinx - fluid around the fallopian tube - because this fluid around the tube is 'toxic' to the embryo and this will cause you to not have implantation.