Dr. Zach
Dr. Zach, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Accomplished Physician and Educator

Im 39 years of age, Ive started to have hot flashes and insomia.

I'm 39 years of age, I've started to have hot flashes and insomia. My period was always every 21 days and now its one week on one week off. what could be doing this .... menopause?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Zach replied 5 years ago.

Hello! My name isXXXXX and I will be happy to assist you today.

It is POSSIBLE you may be going into premature menopause which would explain the hot flashes and irregular periods.... but it may also be a far more simpler reason like a vitamin deficiency. If you don't already do, I would recommend taking a regular multivitamin tablet. A few simple blood tests such as an FSH may be able to also help determine whether you are indeed going into premature menoapause. A full exam and lab workup by your doctor would be the first step to look into this issue further.

Please click GREEN ACCEPT BUTTON so I receive credit for my time Smile! Even after you accept, you can ask follow up questions! Thank you!

Best Wishes,

Dr. AJ